still struggling with religion

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
draggingsticks

still struggling with religion

Post by draggingsticks » Sun May 08, 2011 7:19 pm

i just cant figure out re;igion, why wont god help me or heal me, comfort me or anything, how do i know god is who he is, i have been watching ancient aliens and that makes more sense to me now.

Paisleegreen

Re: still struggling with religion

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun May 08, 2011 8:09 pm

I guess you have to start with what you know or have learned and then start searching for the truth of what you have learned. It takes study and prayer. Paislee :mrgreen:

THH

Post by THH » Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 pm

dragginsticks,

God may have helped you, you have this program. God has given you healing powers, you chose if you want to dwell on the positive things in your life or the negatives. The positive will comfort you. GOD IS LOVE. Hummmm....GOD created the aliens too!
P.S. I like the way Paislee posted as well. ;)

tbabystroup

Post by tbabystroup » Wed May 18, 2011 10:53 pm

I agree with THH... if you've been praying for help, and you have this program, then maybe He has answered your prayers and now YOU have to take the next step! God doesn't just say "poof, your healed" he sends you in the right direction and watches over you as you learn and grow and help yourself! there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer... it's just sometime we don't like the answer so we continue to ask for the same thing over and over and miss what He is trying to tell us! Maybe He wants you to work through this program to grow as a person and find your inner strength which will be far more rewarding and long lasting than a quick miracle fix from God. Hang in there and keep on praying...He is listening!
~theresa~
**Beautiful pictures are developed from negatives in a dark room. so if you see darkness in your life, be reassured that a beautiful picture is being developed!!**

couturesugar

Post by couturesugar » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:59 am

Hey Dragging Sticks,

I'm in a similar place, or used to be. I wondered if I was being punished with, was I demon-possessed, why wasn't God answering my prayers, etc. I grew up in a fundmentalist Christian home and everyone just seemed to think that I needed to pray more.. that attitude wasn't very helpful and is one of the factors that ultimately pushed me away from religion, but that's another story.

I think this is kind of like the magical thinking that Lucinda was talking about on the cds.. I know I expected God to swoop down in some grandiose gesture and save me from the mess that my life had become.. afterall, I'd been a 'good' Christian. I think we need to take responsibility for where we are and turn to spirituality (whatever religion it may be) for guidance and support.. not as answer to this problem. Those are just my two cents though.

Best wishes.

jkulag

Post by jkulag » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:14 pm

I think there is a part in most of us that would like for God to just zap us when we hurt and take the pain away. But I've lived long enough to know He doesn't usually work that way. I try to remember that I'm a work in progress and God wants me to develop some courage and character. Life presents us with many opportunities to develop these things, as well as faith. I read a book once that helped me understand that our development as mature, capable, confident, and faithful humans is much more important to God than handing us an easy life. If God just took away all our challenges in life we would never grow. That's not to say, God doesn't help us, because I definitely believe He does. And all we need to do is ask for help. I think He is helping me through this program and also through other people and circumstances. It helps me to think of my own children who are now 21,25, and 29. I have watched them struggle with various kinds of challenges and overcome many of them throughout the years. They always feel more confident after meeting a problem head on and it has also made them more compassionate toward others who are struggling with something. Even though it's been very hard at times to watch them have to cope with adversities, I wouldn't wish to take away these opportunities that have made them stronger , better, and wiser. Good luck with your search for answers... jkulag

ariel2477

Post by ariel2477 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:59 am

there is an old story..that goes something like this:

the sick man in the hospital bed
a dr walks in and says i can do this for you
the man says No God will heal me
then the dr sends in a surgeon I can help you the surgeon says
the man says No God will heal me
the man dies and goes to Heaven
he wanted to know why he did not get help
he was told in Heaven I sent you help 2 times and your turned them away

God sends help in various ways and forms..
I have seen so many of these and am more aware recently of them..
and i am blessed
focus on what you have when you feel not so good.
i am learning to think of gratitude like Thank you God for the sunshine. Thank you God for the rain, we needed the rain. etc. That helps me to block out the fears and negativity.
maybe listen to the cd's in the car that is where it gets my attention and starts staying in my mind.
I hope this helps you.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”