For those who have just started session 4 click here!

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
livelife

For those who have just started session 4 click here!

Post by livelife » Mon May 02, 2011 11:07 pm

Hey everyone! hope you have all been doing GREAT! :D
and doing your best at this program.
what have been your experiences with session 4 so far?

mickey4

Re: For those who have just started session 4 click here!

Post by mickey4 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Ive realized I try to make alot of people happy even if its screws up stuff for me. Im always worried what other people think. I let other people get to me to much I dwell on things.

livelife

Post by livelife » Sat May 07, 2011 9:18 pm

mickey4 wrote:Ive realized I try to make alot of people happy even if its screws up stuff for me. Im always worried what other people think. I let other people get to me to much I dwell on things.
same here are you also on session 4 of the program?

mickey4

Post by mickey4 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Yes I am On Monday I will be starting session 5. hows it going for you?

livelife

Post by livelife » Sun May 08, 2011 1:03 pm

mickey4 wrote:Yes I am On Monday I will be starting session 5. hows it going for you?
thats good me too!
and its been going pretty good this week i didnt really "feel" session 4 i have no idea why...
but oh well. i'm just going to start session 5 on monday as well..
how is it going for you this past week?

mickey4

Post by mickey4 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:50 pm

sorry I haven't been on for a few days. This week is going OK some tough days but i got through. I have to remember not to let other people get to me. I worry about anything about my body like weird pains or a swollen lymph node since my kidney stone attack on new years eve. I don't realize im worrying sometimes its weird. How are you doing?

missobsessive

Post by missobsessive » Sun May 15, 2011 11:02 am

mickey4 wrote:Ive realized I try to make alot of people happy even if its screws up stuff for me. Im always worried what other people think. I let other people get to me to much I dwell on things.
you took the words right out of my mouth. i do the exact same thing :roll: . But realizing it is the first step in getting beyond it!

livelife

Post by livelife » Sun May 15, 2011 12:43 pm

mickey4 wrote:sorry I haven't been on for a few days. This week is going OK some tough days but i got through. I have to remember not to let other people get to me. I worry about anything about my body like weird pains or a swollen lymph node since my kidney stone attack on new years eve. I don't realize im worrying sometimes its weird. How are you doing?
I know exactly how you feel i worry about these things too and also trying to not let people get to me as much now but for some reason it still does and i hate it but like always i try to change my thinking! <3
and i've been doing good what session are you on?

jennifer colwell

Post by jennifer colwell » Thu May 19, 2011 12:41 pm

livelife wrote:
same here are you also on session 4 of the program?
dont worry about trying to please everyone please yourself you got to be able to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else

Frances2

Post by Frances2 » Tue May 31, 2011 7:06 pm

I find that session 4 was exactly where I was. Being a people pleaser and letting people push your buttons. I see I was a perfectionist and wanted to be in control and wanted every thing to be perfect. I can see how my family friends hurt me and I was expecting them to be perfect so I could feel good, but i found out IT DOES NOT MATTER I have to let it go and feel good about myself. I wanted everybody to like me and I tried so hard to get them to like me even ones that I didnt like I tried so hard. So it doesnt matter.[quote][/quote]

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”