BUILDING A BETTER LIFE (BBL).... Session 4

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
THH

Re: BUILDING A BETTER LIFE (BBL).... Session 4

Post by THH » Wed May 04, 2011 9:30 pm

live life,
When I did this #8 I used it for ahh ha moments. Like I made a note when I knew I was going to talk to someone who I have had trouble talking to, jotting down how I felt. What I did different and how it felt afterward. Or if I was not feeling well I wrote down my symptoms and what I did to deal with them. It is fun re-reading it as I feel really different now.
;)

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Fri May 06, 2011 7:32 am

Hi everyone,

I have been busy, first working outside and also at the print shop. Doing good, a little anxiety in the morning, but the rest of the day has been good.

Let me tell you what happend to me yesterday... I was driving home and the sky looked like a huge thurnerstorm was in the way. It was dark and the clouds looked like they could drop a tornado any time. I was driving into the storm and since I had to go to the bank I didn't have a choice of an alternative road... My anxiety started going up... just before it started raining I took off my sunglasses... OMG... big surprise... the sky was not as dark and dangerous looking.... LOL :lol: And of course my anxiety went all the way down to 0.
This made me think of how many times I scare myself. It is like having sunglasses.

Talk to you later.
Hope

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Fri May 06, 2011 8:28 am

Hi everyone......been busy with some yardwork and doing some things around the house....finally my 3rd tv stand that I put together is acceptable lol....funny how before I would have just accepted the first one I didnt like....
mind-wise, I have been a bit in left field lately lol....trying to work the program but still sometimes falling back into my old way of thinking....but Im catching it and working on it :)
plan on getting out and driving a bit this week-end and work on my limitations

THH and Hope sounds like you both are doing excellent!!! Love the example of the sunglasses Hope :) funny how we often see thru those sun glasses......if only we would take the time to take them off and see life for what it really is :)

have a great week-end everyone (in case I dont get back on here lol)

THH

Post by THH » Fri May 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms! Hope your day is very speical!!! :mrgreen:

Karen,
.trying to work the program but still sometimes falling back into my old way of thinking....but Im catching it and working on it :)
Good job!!!! I think it is very reasonable to fall into old habits from time to time. Anxiety does not come at us, it is how our old way of coping produced it. We are learning, practicing, and getting our lives where we want to be. Its work!!! But it is great when we feel contented with our days.

Hope, I love it!!!! ( with the sun glasses!) :mrgreen:

Have a great weekend everyone!
;)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat May 07, 2011 12:00 am

Hope, I love the sunglasses story, perfect! :D

Karen L--Great to see you here as well as THH. I've been doing a lot of work outside and been out of state experiencing some discomfort at first but it was all rewarding and I came home exhausted! I'm not quite going through the program again as fast as you guys are. I keep listening to Lucinda's CD's but haven't been working on the workbook. Anyway, good to see you all!
Paislee :mrgreen:

livelife

Post by livelife » Sat May 07, 2011 9:16 pm

THH wrote:live life,
When I did this #8 I used it for ahh ha moments. Like I made a note when I knew I was going to talk to someone who I have had trouble talking to, jotting down how I felt. What I did different and how it felt afterward. Or if I was not feeling well I wrote down my symptoms and what I did to deal with them. It is fun re-reading it as I feel really different now.
;)
oh ok AWESOME! :D

livelife

Post by livelife » Sat May 07, 2011 9:20 pm

to everyone who is reading this, have you all been doing an exercise routine still?
and consistently?
as for me i've some how "lost" the "motivation" to keep going and keep exercising! but
i'm setting a new goal. i am going to start a workout program called Hip Hop Abs!
it is for 4 weeks and i will complete it!
God bless everyone! <3

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Sat May 07, 2011 10:49 pm

hi everyone....anxiety has been a bit increased here this last week...today I used the "thoughts only thoughts" which actually helped quite a bit...seems to bring me back into reality and is kind of an easy fix when the mind is racing :)

thanks for the encouragement THH :)

Hi Paislee....congrats on working past the discomfort!!! take the time you need with the program, we are here if you need us :)

livelife...it is very hard for anyone to get started and stick with an exercise program... Ive had my struggles with it, but have actually been going strong 3 times per week for several months now.....I have lost about 5# in the last 6 weeks :D
when I get down I try to motivate myself by reminding myself how much better I do feel physically and mentally after I work out......a few months ago, I was doing alot of challenging myself, as the increased heart rate and increased breathing rate were scaring me because they reminded me of a panic attack.....I kept telling myself I was no going to faint, pass-out, have a heart attack, etc.....and that the symptoms were actually a good sign that I was working out at a good speed.....now I no longer watch my breathing or even think about the elevated heart rate.....its kinda like you just have to trust yourself and go with it......
look at me here......maybe I need to follow my own advice and put it to work when Im out working on my limitations.....gotta learn to trust myself and know the anxiety will not hurt me n will subside.....just talking to myself out-loud :D

everyone have a great Mother's Day!!!

livelife

Post by livelife » Sun May 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Karen L wrote:hi everyone....anxiety has been a bit increased here this last week...today I used the "thoughts only thoughts" which actually helped quite a bit...seems to bring me back into reality and is kind of an easy fix when the mind is racing :)

thanks for the encouragement THH :)

Hi Paislee....congrats on working past the discomfort!!! take the time you need with the program, we are here if you need us :)

livelife...it is very hard for anyone to get started and stick with an exercise program... Ive had my struggles with it, but have actually been going strong 3 times per week for several months now.....I have lost about 5# in the last 6 weeks :D
when I get down I try to motivate myself by reminding myself how much better I do feel physically and mentally after I work out......a few months ago, I was doing alot of challenging myself, as the increased heart rate and increased breathing rate were scaring me because they reminded me of a panic attack.....I kept telling myself I was no going to faint, pass-out, have a heart attack, etc.....and that the symptoms were actually a good sign that I was working out at a good speed.....now I no longer watch my breathing or even think about the elevated heart rate.....its kinda like you just have to trust yourself and go with it......
look at me here......maybe I need to follow my own advice and put it to work when Im out working on my limitations.....gotta learn to trust myself and know the anxiety will not hurt me n will subside.....just talking to myself out-loud :D

everyone have a great Mother's Day!!!
for sure!
and if you dont mind me asking what kind of workouts do you do?

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE! <3

THH

Post by THH » Sun May 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Paislee,
YEY! Really nice to hear from you! Glad you posted. ;)
Its good to go at your own pace when it comes to going through the program. We each have different things, the important part is we are here for each other, and it is good to know that you really are not alone! Keep the faith!

Live life,
I have stayed with some kind of exercise. Daily.
It is easy to loose motivation, but you do feel better. Watching how much sugar, caffeine, exercise all counts up for how you feel. Depression makes you feel stuck. Its up to us if we want to stay stuck or climb out and feel good that we are even taking baby steps towards the life we really want. Even one extra step to climb, or 5 minutes to walk more than what we usually do in a day, all counts!
I love that you set your new goal! You CAN!

This morning started out at a rapid pace.( Phone ringing, people at my house, broken vehicle, dinner with mom at 2:30) I find I get anxiety when life comes at me fast. I kept telling myself I have all the time I need. I then watched Joel for my Sunday service, laughed alot as his service was super funny today, and I really enjoyed the rest of my day. I think that helped me get back on track today. :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”