BUILDING A BETTER LIFE (BBL).... Session 4

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
mcshope

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE (BBL).... Session 4

Post by mcshope » Mon May 02, 2011 11:47 am

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE

We are now on Session 4. It has been a great experience to go thru the program with the company and support of other people. It is nice to know that there are people willing to listen and share their experiences.

This thread is open to anyone who is going thru the program. We are now on session 4 and we will start a new lesson every week. We are following Lucinda's Program the way is meant to be, listening to the sessions, reading the lessons, completing the assignments. This is just an space to share your experiences and progress.

We would like to support each other, share our progress and continue growing and learning. If you have anything to share, join us, we learn a lot from other people's experiences.

mcshope

Re: BUILDING A BETTER LIFE (BBL).... Session 4

Post by mcshope » Mon May 02, 2011 11:52 am

livelife

Post by livelife » Mon May 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi i just listened to session 4 and i love it! It is very true we try to please everyone else and expect so much of other ppl etc.
wow i just love this program and everything along with it!
I can honestly say it was an answer to a prayer when i couldnt take it anymore and life the universe God lead me to it and i am so grateful! <3 i am having some trouble though worrying about if i am doing it correctly and if i am doing everything i'm supposed to for the past 4 weeks.... :? anyone else feel like this? i just hope i'm not doing it "wrong" i really want this program to keep helping me like it did the first week throughout now. :x :o :D

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Tue May 03, 2011 12:12 am

Livelife,

Session 4 made a lot of sense to me too. In my case it was more what I expected of myself, more than others... I am good understanding other people, but when it comes to myself, my expectations tend to be too much.
I understand what you say about traying to do everything correctly with the program... my advise is... RELAX... this is a life changing program and it takes time... do everything you can the best you can... but not aim for perfection. ;)
I am glad that you are sharing your concerns, that is the idea, to share our experiences, learn from and support each other.

Have a nice evening.

Hope

THH

Post by THH » Tue May 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi everyone.
Livelife, I too wanted to really "get" each session. Do it perfect! Thats why were here...lol... Do the lesson the best you can, it is confusion in the beginning, but it will become more clear as you go through the program. Lucinda does recommend going through it again after a 2 week break in the end. What is nice too, is you own the program and can review it when ever you have something going on you are having trouble with. It is a great tool to have.

I really liked this expectations lesson as well. ( I liked most of the sessions ) I scored very high in the guide book. I do have very high expectations of myself. Super hard on myself. Like I should be all knowing! I have learned soooo many things in this and it is on going as well. I think I was easier on other people but even there I was not thinking realistically. I'm doing much better with other people. Both 3 & 4 are hard! On the same hand they are where I have seen the most improvement by lowering them. Not being in control of the universe was so freeing to me. Taking care of myself better was good as well. It is like putting on a bullet proof vest and going out in the world. When comments are made I have not taken them all personal. I tend to make every effort to think of a positive spin to view things. Why not?

Hope, I liked the video. She is so pretty and such a fitting song. Thanks for sharing!

livelife

Post by livelife » Tue May 03, 2011 7:27 pm

I agree.
and has anyone done that notebook thing: PUT IN PRACTICE # 8 i believe.
The "THINGS WORTH REMEMBERING"
I still dont understand that for some reason, if anyone here has done it please let me know how you did it and what you wrote in the notebook if you want.
Thanks so much! i love all these forums they are so helpful! <3
God Bless! :*

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Tue May 03, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi everyone....had a bit of a rough day today, but tomorrow will be better :)

Hope....I also put very high expectations on myself.....but I also have a very bad habit of expecting people to do "the right" thing......I guess that would be morally speaking....and I take so many peoples choices as a personal attack on myself......so this is something I do need to still work alot on...

THH....good point of not being in control of the universe......maybe I should make that one of my mantras :)
Im so glad to hear you are doing so well :)

Livelife.....hi and nice to meet you :)

everyone have a very peaceful evening :)

THH

Post by THH » Wed May 04, 2011 11:21 am

Hi everyone, it has been a very draining couple of days for me as well. I have had to talk to my mom in major detail about her sister ( my aunt ) and all my moms worries and concerns. I can do it and did well at it but I get to feeling so drained. Something I found works well for me when I get feeling down, drained is to buy a new color of nail polish! LOL... Amazing something so small brings so much! I have also done things like buy a new fragrance, color of blush, get a hair cut, on and on. I don't think its the item, I think it has something to do that you are doing for your self. Not just adjusting your thoughts to deal with the problem, but physically getting away from it and doing something nice for yourself. Just in case your wondering, I picked purple polish! LOL... All the kids are wearing it, who says you have to be 15???? I like purple :)

Karen,
Great job, a bad day happens. I've had bad stretches of days and it still gets better! Many times I am just tired and slip back into old bad habits. I start over alot but that is how I have learned!
Also look at how far you have come!!! You have to be very proud!

livelife

Post by livelife » Wed May 04, 2011 3:17 pm

Thank you nice to meet you too Karen L :)

livelife

Post by livelife » Wed May 04, 2011 3:19 pm

did you do the "Put in Practice #8" on page 62 on the guidebook?
is it just to remember things from the program?

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”