medications

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
will72jr

medications

Post by will72jr » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:28 am

I'm reading session 4 now and found out that my blood pressure and thyroid medicine can cause depression. It's no wonder why I feel like crap most of the time. I guess I can't really blame it all on the medicine. I try and be positive, but it's hard when you have all the negatives running through your head. I don't really think I'm depressed but my wife thinks so. Like most of the people on here my problems began at a young age, but didn't really know about what was going on. I could write a book on it. My problem is the anxiety that goes with it. I still sometimes think it's something else. I'm tired all the time. I ache, get pains here and there. It's a daily thing. I almost have know sex drive anymore. I don't like to go to work most of the time. My wife is depressed and I think she doesn't really know it. She doesn't like hearing my problems. I don't blame her. Can't we just wave a magic wand and this will all go away. I'm working on this but doesn't seem like it will work. I know be positive. I will get through this. I have to.

shimdan

Re: medications

Post by shimdan » Sun May 01, 2011 6:35 pm

I would talk to your Dr. about your meds. Like you wrote this may cause some problems but there may be some underlying depression caused by emotional factors. I did the program but I still had to go on a low dose antidepressant. At least I can sleep now and it is just a one ring circus in my head instead of a 3 ring.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”