White Blood Count

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
nycgal84

White Blood Count

Post by nycgal84 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:06 pm

I just went to the doctor for some typical blood work and my white blood count (WBC) is lower than normal. Of course I am freaking out about it - I looked up what could cause it and there are so many things it could be including cancer! Does anyone else have a low WBC perhaps caused by anxiety? I am thinking maybe the stress is making my immune system weak, but I am not sure!

Clarysage

Re: White Blood Count

Post by Clarysage » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:48 pm

I found my husband has had this for years after looking over all his lab work recently. He does not have an anxiety problem. It is something to be concerned with - yet not panic over. He is healthy. There are a variety of things that could possibly be causing it. Copper deficiency, Folate deficiency. Eat FOLATE rich foods - (you can google) beans, broccolli, brussel sprouts, O.J. ...- If you are male, taking zinc would be good. Of course talk to your doctor first about it and if that is alright for you. I give my husband B12 and Omega 3 (has to have DHA- 600) (Carlson brand), and separately Zinc 25 mg. Take the Zinc separate from other vitamins and minerals, and an hour before a meal or two hours after a meal. Yeah, I'm kinda a vitamin geek. His next blood-work will be in January and I am anxious to see if it improves. Only started this regimen about a month ago. Be safe and do not just start taking supplements willy-nilly. Educate yourself, research, and work with your doctor.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”