Wish me luck!

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
TheTimeIsNow

Wish me luck!

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Well, tomorrow morning I start my coaching sessions. I know this is a long road ahead and I'm very excited and scared. I wonder what this coaching is all about. I think this is really going to take me out of my comfort zone, but I'm so ready. I NEVER WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER PANIC ATTACK AGAIN! I understand that anxiety is normal, but I never want to go back to where I was. I'm so determained.
So, this week is about expectations. I've been having trouble with my faith since this anxiety episode started (about 7 or 8 years ago). So, I think my expectations about God have been extremely high. I've been wanting to just get over this. But maybe, just maybe, God is letting this happen for me to grow stronger. I've definately proved to myself that I'm strong. Like in the movie "Evan Almighty", God says that he doesn't give people strength. He gives them the opportunity to gain strength. So all this anxiety has been my opportunity. I used to always take the easy way out, but that didn't work. This time, I'm doing it the right way (the hard way). So, tomorrow is another beginning for me.
Thank you all in advance for all your support. Together we'll get better! :P

westlynne56

Re: Wish me luck!

Post by westlynne56 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:10 pm

How about if I wish you perseverence instead :D

I can tell from the way you write you are on the right track. Do you still have shaky moments? I know I do but, boy, am I getting better at recognizing those dark thoughts that carved out my thorny path.

I don't know what got me thinking yesterday about this boss I had over twenty years ago. She was beautiful and amazingly smart and I always felt dwarfed by her. She never gave me any indication that she thought I was stupid but I always felt that way. Why she popped into my head after all this time I don't know but I got that shaky feeling and had to really think it out. After the "Ah Ha" moment, I simply said to myself--who cares what she thought! And I felt better.

I guess my point is the recognition factor. Before I was simply feeling, now I'm thinking, stopping, examining, and replacing. Make sense?

Enjoy your coaching session. I'm getting my sample coaching session this afternoon.

Cheers,

Lynne

TheTimeIsNow

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 am

I'll take perseverence! Thank you!
I had my first coaching session and it's starts out very slow, which is good. I don't want to get overwhelmed with it. This is a lot of work as it is. It's worth it, but there's only a certain amout of hours in the day. I've let some things go to work on this.
I do still get shaky moments. I don't expect to be recovered overnight. This will take time and I have patience. I just take things one day at a time.
I'm happy for you that you had an "Ah Ha" moment! That's a big accomplishment. Little things that used to eat at you, and now it doesn't bother you. And it will bother you even less in 6 months. Just keep working. I know I will! :P
I guess you had your sample coaching yesterday. I hope it went well.
Good luck!

westlynne56

Post by westlynne56 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:42 pm

OMG my sample coaching blew me away. That woman got to the core of me so quickly my head was spinning. I've been going to counseling for several months and it's been good but noting like yesterday (or for the rest of this program). I've decided to continue with the life coaching and I can't wait to start feeling amazing.

You take care and keep posting.

Lynne

praying4sun

Post by praying4sun » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:36 am

wishing you good luck on the best day for it, st. patricks day!!!! were you like me that thought you were weak! i am so glad i finally got that silly thougth out of my head, i believe i am so strong too now!

westlynne56

Post by westlynne56 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Weak, oh yes...and embarrassed. I can't begin to tell you how many people have told me about their anxiety since I started telling them. It's amazing.

I've also been taking an anti-depressent, something I wouldn't have dreamed of doing a year ago. My doctor told me not to keep beating myself up and just go with it. Between this program and the drugs, I'm finally getting the mental break I've so badly needed. I can feel myself changing in such a positive way and I'm grateful beyond words.

Best wishes to you. You are strong for just being here.

Lynne

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”