Inconsistant Sleep HELP!

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Team Mom

Inconsistant Sleep HELP!

Post by Team Mom » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 pm

My sleep has been very inconsistant. I seem to wake up every morning at 3:30 am. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed. I've never had a problem in the past with sleep until the last few months. I've tried Unisom, Melantonin and Ambien. They haven't worked. Can anyone give me any suggestions that have helped them? Thanks :)

Krystie75

Re: Inconsistant Sleep HELP!

Post by Krystie75 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Finding ways to relax before going to sleep or even when I wake up in the middle of the night really helped me. Listen to the relaxation cd from Lucinda basett or listen to some uplifting peaceful music or even read a good book while you are laying in bed. sometimes it takes and hour or so but I drift off back to sleep.

Team Mom

Post by Team Mom » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks Krystie, I will try that. Willing to try anything to get my sleep back on track. :)

jess3270

Post by jess3270 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:09 pm

I had this exact same problem some time ago...I believe my time was around 3:30 as well. EVERY night, it never failed...i would wake up, and that was it for me. It is almost like your body begins to get used to waking up at the same time in the middle of the night, it is very frustrating! BUUUT, the one thing you cant do is get frustrated (especially while you are laying in bed trying to fall back to sleep) One thing that helped me was when I woke I had a portable cd player right next to my bed and as soon as i woke up i would play the relaxation cd from lucinda. I would also do the reccomendations at the end of session 3 i believe, where carolyn speaks about sleeping...i believe there are even some names of books to try. Also, even though I would get a bad nights sleep from waking up in the middle of the night, I would still wake up at the same time and fullfill my day. Staying positive about it helps (like anything else). It will pass! It did for me and i NEVER thought it would...one morning I just woke up and realized I sleep all night and i thought "heck yea! i can do this!" and that was the end of it for me. Just keep a routine, stay positive, and listen to your relaxation cd. GOOD LUCK! Trust me, I feel your pain!!!!

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”