Hard week

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
SarahN

Post by SarahN » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:55 am

I am on week 4 and I having a hard time this week. I just feel tired and I just want to quit right now. I know I have to keep on going, but I am having hard time finding the courage to do it.

I am still listening to it but I normally do the homework on Wednesday, and I did not get to it yesterday. I am trying really hard to not put myself down, because I can do it today. I think the reason I am scared is because I am scared of the evaluations in it.

vickiB

Post by vickiB » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:16 am

It sounds like you are pushing yourself through the program too quickly. Give yourself time to get on board with the topics of each session before doing the evaluation. Try not to pre-judge your analysis or you could be in danger of negating any progress you're making. I have fallen victim to my unrealistic timelines for "getting better". You have to give yourself permission to accept it as a process. Not every session is going to leave you with an immediate "a-ha!!" reaction. Some of the time, it may take a time or two to absorb the lessons and to really feel like you are able to indoctrinate them into your belief system. Give yourself a day or two "off" and then come back to it with a fresh approach. Leave the apprehension behind.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”