Right on Point

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Liz*

Post by Liz* » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:38 pm

I began to recognize this behavior in me a couple years ago but couldn't quite put my finger on it. Lucinda explained it so well as I listened today. Can't wait to get into the workbook lesson on this. Perfectionism has always been my nemesis and a major character defect. I've tried many ways to lower expectations of self and others, but I was only treating the symptoms. This lesson gets to the root and it's time to eradicate the negative effects it has had on me.
Last edited by Liz* on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Lisafox...I found the Expectations tape to hit the nail on the head for me. It was incredible. I have to listen to it again. The perspective you receive from it is so refreshing and it gives you more awareness into who you really are!!

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Slimjim saying HI. Just wanted to see if you woulld like to take a peek at my latest webcomic? If so let me know what you think.
Thanx.
[url=http://madamexinc.smackjeeves....cs/1029786/mx-inc-1/]http://madamexinc.smackjeeves....cs/1029786/mx-inc-1/[/url] I'm a recent graduate of the program and I just wanted to show those of you what this program has allowed me to do in ways I never thought was possible. It's allowed me to unlock some major creative juices and it can do the same for you guys as well.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:19 am

I'm ready to listen to the Session 4 next. I'm looking forward to learning some new things or get a reminder of good things that I've learned before and forgot. :) Paislee

ema526

Post by ema526 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:20 pm

hi, just wanted to say that with the holiday coming up, i used to find myself very anxious and belittling myself that i wasnt good enough for my family. this year i am happy to say that i have removed myself form all criticism from family, will be at home with my children cooking together and it will be great. i realized after session 4 that the only expectation i have for me is to love and like myself just the way i am.
e.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 am

That's great, EMA. Are you saying you won't be near your family of origin, just your own children? I really liked Session 4, it was very good.

ema526

Post by ema526 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:12 pm

yes, i should clarify that i wont be with my family of origin, but myself and my children. i liked session 4 as well. i started session 5 and now i am cutting down on the cigarettes. only had 3 today. the desire is slowly going away.
e.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:06 am

Hip, Hip, Hooray! That's great Ema on your cigarette count. I'm very happy for you! :)

I'm sorry that your family of origin are so critical. It is good that you are protecting yourself from their abuse.

Bob-o Bingo

Post by Bob-o Bingo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Originally posted by creamcheese:
Lisafox...I found the Expectations tape to hit the nail on the head for me. It was incredible. I have to listen to it again. The perspective you receive from it is so refreshing and it gives you more awareness into who you really are!!
Creamcheese... The Expectations tape (Session Four) hit me differently than the first three Sessions. I was surprised to find that the Workbook revealed much more of the essence of what was to be learned than the tape itself.

I'm gonna listen to Session 4 again and see if I get more out of it the second time thru (that has been my experience with some of the other Sessions). The Workbook on Session 4 blew me away. Very very valuable info about myself for myself!

Merry Christmas everyone!

ema526

Post by ema526 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:22 am

Merry Christmas everyone!
Paislee, it has been a quiet holiday so far, free from drama.my smoking continues to be less and decided my target date will be new years. I want so much to ring in the new year clean with so much to look forward to.i still have hopes that all will be Well with t,he is going through a lot.He thinks this will be his last Christmas and I try not to be anxious or worry.
e.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”