Having a tough time with this session

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Tracey G

Post by Tracey G » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:06 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the program and I have never logged in since I started, a little shy I guess. I am having a very hard time functioning this week. Thank god for the relaxation tape it is the only reason I was able to sleep last night. I am trying to stay positive I just feel so alone!!! I yelled at my kids yesterday and then felt guilty about it the whole day (they are 8 and 5) and dont understand what is going on with their mother. I am trying to get a grip on this but am having a hard time weeding out which of my expectations are unrealistic?? It is hard not to feel depressed when you have to take responsibility for all that has gone wrong in your life and change the things you have believed in your whole life!!

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:17 am

Welcome Tracey,

Don't be shy. You'll get to know more of us the more you come on and feel right at home. There is so much help on this site. You're off to a good start by listening to the relaxation CD. Keep it up! Now get started on your lessons and don't allow yourself to be overwhelmed. When it gets to be too much, put it aside for a while and come on here for help. Remember to go read the forum about each lesson. They are always helpful. Go on chat to get to know people and especially when you're in need of help. If for some reason you don't get help in chat, don't be discouraged cuz sometimes they just chit chat to get their mind off things for a while. Mostly when they hear your need, they are willing to help. Above all, Do NOT give up. It will get better, you'll see.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:35 am

Thanks Barb! I will definately not be so shy and go on everyday to get some extra help and see that I am not alone.

Thanks again.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Hello Tracey. Dont feel all alone when you have trouble with a session. I had trouble with session three and presently session four. But once they become second nature all the difficulties wil be worth it. Besides if it was easy we wouldn't need the program. Keep your chin held high, your hamework done, and be sure to update us on any and all successes. everyone here enjoys celebrating success stories because they are so encouraging. God bless, Bradley

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:57 am

Tracey,

I am fairly new to the program as of now. I know you started earlier this year. I just wanted to talk to you because I am going through the same stuff as you were. I yell at my kids all weekend long sometimes. I am so tired of it, but I just can't seem to break the bad habit. Now, that I'm on the program, I am actually crying sometimes. I don't think I've cried for over 10 years. I've become so hard to everything around me, there's no emotions except anger & yelling. I just was a little curious how things are coming for you & what helped you. Thanks

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”