Having a bad night - all those expecations for myself

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Faith2

Post by Faith2 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:16 pm

I've been doing some driving every day which is huge for me. One day I was fine, the next I had a mild PA, then good yesterday and this a.m. My vertigo was a bit off and feeling anxious - I was able to drive home but it was soooo hard and uncomfortable. Now I am beating myself up and shoulding myself. I just started session 4 even though I wanted to stay in session 3 - well also wanted to stay in 2. Gotta got it perfect or at least I think so. I hate feeling this way. Some days I feel like I am making progress and others having set backs and it takes so much out of me.

I have negative self talk and unrealistic expectation of myself and my recovery. Is anyone else finding this such a struggle? I pray this will get better.

dhurba

Post by dhurba » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:10 pm

i always thought i wont be able to drive by myself but it was until 3 weeks back when me and my roommates ranted a car and drive in the city.. u know whats amazing, after a week i started to drive a yellow cab in newyork city.... i got anxious the first day i drove but next time it was normal....
faith, keep faith, i felt the same way as u did, there were days when i felt more anxious and days when i was fine... u are in session 4 , u will feel better as you move on...dont stop although u feel u havent perfected the session, move on and u will learn a lot
take care
bye

Joshua6

Post by Joshua6 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Im in my fourth week and i also have those same struggles trying to stay positive all the day and also wish to stay in lesson 3 and 2 and 1. But you just have to try not to over stress your self over things you can't control quiet well. I know you hear this a lot but you just have to be more patient about the whole situation. Sometimes it feels like it will never end....... but im sure as we both struggle and stay persistent with the program, we will feel alot better, just keep faith. WE GOING TO MAKE IT!!!!!!!

niki65

Post by niki65 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:58 pm

I'm in Week 4 and am having good and bad days still. Sleep is disrupted which I believe is being caused by digesting so much information in the last month. My brain went from barely functioning to filling it with so much, sometimes I feel like my head is overloaded. I'm certain it will all work itself out. I am committed to getting better. :)

Stephen G

Post by Stephen G » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:41 am

I am glad i am not the only one feeling this way.. I felt like I was slacking off this week with listening to the tapes, but I listened again today and got more out of it.
I too have HUGE driving difficulties, and I have not been on a highway in months. It is my biggest goal. I hate the spacey feeling I get.
but I went back to review the first 4 weeks before i go on to session 5 tomorrow.
Thanks for the good feedback on this site!
be well!

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”