Rude Boss

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Emma's Mom

Post by Emma's Mom » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:27 am

I have been on medical leave for 3 weeks and have 1 more week to go due to having severe anxiety attacks at work.

My boss has been extremely rude and mean to me for over a year and I am in no mental condition to go looking for another position right now - especially with the economy in the toilet.

Every time I think about going back to work, I have an anxiety attack. I keep trying to give myself the positive messages but they get lost in the negative.

The last couple of weeks before i went on leave, she finally saw the effect she was having on me and eased up a little and i hope that it continues. We also discussed it at about the same time. I've been with her for over 8 years and am not really in the mood to look for a job, but am tired of being abused (she disagrees).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:46 am

Emma's Mom.
I had a boss that was not pleased no matter what I put out. Always more, more, more, even though I gave him over 100%. I gave him my best.
I did get out.
I was able to bid out and stay with the same company though. I took a cut in pay, but it was worth it. I am appreciated where I am now. That means the world to me.
Glass

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”