Expectations about this program, Help!

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
~Noelle~

Post by ~Noelle~ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 am

I guess I've been going off schedule with the program a little. On a good note, I started using the relaxation tape. A big part of me is saying, You want to continue the program, but you are too tired to even start up a new lesson today. When I write this out, I think to myself, good for you. Take it one step at a time. Do the relaxation tape and as you progress, you will be on your way to the program again. Do you think this is good advice to give myself?

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:34 am

Stop feeling guilty :) I know I do sometimes if I don't dedicate enough time to work on my program, but we are only human. This s suberb advice to give yourself, and you should feel proud you are on here, engaging with people in this forum!!

The relaxation tape is brilliant and I try and do it at least once a day, sometimes twice and it does make a huge difference!!

You are a very strong person, for even trying to eliminate anxiety. Think of all the people that just bottle it, inside. Take it one day at a time, and congratulate yourself for every small step! :) Well done!!!

BookOfPsalms

Post by BookOfPsalms » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:34 am

Noelle.

Anything you do to make a positive step forward is great. Little steps are as important as the big ones.

Make sure you dont fall into the putting it off till later thing though. I wanted to wait to try driving or going out till I felt better and wasnt so tired or sick feeling but the thing is that you wont feel better till you go out and try.

So try to do the next lesson sooner instead of later. They are filled with such great information.....and its only that information. You can lie down and relax while listening to the great advice and encouragement and direction. There isnt much to that part of it.

I know its hard. Ive been there. I so understand. I still work hard everyday to incorporatet those coping skills into my life. But the end result well thats what makes it all worthwhile.

Good job on what youve done so far. Believe in yourself that you have the strength to go another step.

Dodger
+Let The Word Do The Work!+

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:46 am

I suffer with depression/anxiety/fatigue. I am working on session3 dealing with negative thinking. "I feel tired" is one of my most common thoughts. I have started to find I have enough energy to do the things I need to do. Energy is strange, its seems the more I do, the more energy I have. I think its like a speeding mack truck, it will take more energy, time and distance to make it stop.(momentum) The main thing is starting it, putting it in gear and driving. You can do it!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi Noelle. Get back into the program. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to do what's needed. Force youself to do what you need to do. The relaxation tape is not enough, alone. There are people out there that own the program, and has had it for years, but are in the same predicament that they were in when they bought it, and it's because they kept putting it off til they felt better. Even in the program, Lucinda says that if you put things off until you feel better, you will probably never do it. Pull yourself up and "do it" so that you can get rid of this stuff.

Take care. DeeDee.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:40 am

Possibly saying that you are too tired to even start a new session is a form of negative self talk that you could try to turn around.

I would say to myself - I know that I'm tired, I've had a long day, but this is for me and this is going to help me make my life better so I'm just going to lie down and listen to at least part of it right now.

You can do this! :)

Best wishes,
Dawn

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:05 am

Dear Searching,
You are so right in regards to just doing things instead of thinking about them...and also the more you do the more energy you have. I could not agree more. I just posted earlier this morning stating that since getting off caffeine I have accomplished more goals. I have been feeling the same as you have..doing the things you have to do..once you start them it develops into doing much more. Sometimes I just start something instead of thinking about it for minutes, hours,etc....and it feels so good to accomplish things that we have put off, or should I say "think" about doing it instead of just doing it. Thanks for your input.
Originally posted by searching4answers:
I suffer with depression/anxiety/fatigue. I am working on session3 dealing with negative thinking. "I feel tired" is one of my most common thoughts. I have started to find I have enough energy to do the things I need to do. Energy is strange, its seems the more I do, the more energy I have. I think its like a speeding mack truck, it will take more energy, time and distance to make it stop.(momentum) The main thing is starting it, putting it in gear and driving. You can do it!

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:41 pm

Hey! Thanks for all your wonderful motivation. I started lesson three and I'm telling you, I can feel what a difference the positive self-talk has made, even in a day alone! But I'm having trouble with this negative, and I could use some motivation right about now. To make it short, i decided to go through the program second time around. I got through lesson 1 and 2 but then I got stuck and took a break after that. Good news is I got enough courage to start lesson three and it has been working great. But then my mind is saying, "Maybe i should start it over because i took a break in between. But then again that would just take too long and i would get bored and get off track again." I'm noticing maybe this is just my "All or nothing thinking" Instead I could say, "So what if you got off track? It's just an accomplish you noticed that and you made the decision to get back on track again. So what if you didn't do it perfectly. If I really need to, I will go back to the other lessons later on in the program. I'm doing fine. I'm so proud of myself for even trying." What do you think about this? Thanks.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm

Sounds good to me.

Take care. DeeDee.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Hang in there. You'll be fine. Keep the faith. This program has been a God-send for me. We will all be here for you.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”