Holidays and Birthdays

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
SCDon

Post by SCDon » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Well, I turned 51 Sunday. Thank you to all those in chat who wished me well. I never expect much from birthdays or holidays anymore.
I pulled away from some friends years ago and lost track of older friends far away. My brothers have their own problems and I am not working nor do I have a church family right now.
I live with family, but they went out of town for the weekend. I had hoped my younger brother would call but he did not. I am a little disappointed but I will get over it. I can't do much for others birthdays so I do not expect much from others. Again, thank you for all who wished me well, it helped better my weekend.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:54 pm

Sadly, birthdays aren't as much fun as they were when we were children. Too bad we have to grow up!

Lucky for us, we have this program now, and therefore the next year will be a brighter one than maybe some of the past ones have been.

Here's to a wonderful year!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:54 pm

I've had birthdays like that and some holidays also. It is a little disappointing but we do get over it. Happy belated birthday and wishes for a good birthday year!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:57 pm

Thank you Teri and Mary. It turns out my brother slept all day and called today. My niece called and felt bad.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:43 am

Happy Late-birthday, Don!

Wishing you many more.

MJ

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:15 am

Happy Birthday all year long. We are same age, and I will share with you about birthdays. I've had good ones, great ones, and those when I was the only one who remembered. I decided some years back, that if no one remembered, then it really didn't count, literally. Which makes me closer to 39 than 51! Cheers from Pecos.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”