Natural Calm

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Ocean

Post by Ocean » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi,
I just wanted to share about this supplement I started. I actually purchased it a few weeks ago and tried it and couldn't tell the difference, plus it was super sour! Today I did an online search on it just to see if there were any reviews on it. Turns out I didn't prepare it correctly! You have to mix it first with hot water, which I used cold. Then it doesn't taste bad and it dissolves nicely (I was drinking it before all chalky, yuck!). Anyhow, I took it correctly for the first time yesterday and took it twice today. I seriously can tell a difference. I can't believe it. I've been able to stop my panic attacks for the most part using the program (I'm on week 4), but I had that annoying constant general anxiety and obsessive scary thoughts, and this has helped tremendously so far even though it's only been a day and a half.

It is just magnesium citrate in a powdered form (supposed to be highly absorbable). Do a search for reviews online, I'm glad I did and decided to try it again. I will definitely keep using this program as I've gained a tremendous amount of insight.

Take care and let me know if anyone else tries it, I am interested to see if anyone else has really good results.

Ocean

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:15 pm

There was recently a post with quite a few replies on here regarding magnesium being helpful for anxiety and if anyone had any first hand experience. Wish I could remember the names of the people who were interested. I take 315mg of magnesium citrate a day with my calcium. What mg is in the powdered form you use?

fischee

Post by fischee » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:23 am

Are either of you taking prescription meds? Does it interact? What's the name of the product?

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:48 am

fischee- Ocean said the actual name of her powdered magnesium is Natural Calm but forgot to ask her where she got it. Internet? I take Magnesium Citrate in pill form and have upped the dosage to see the effect. I am only taking Zantac as a med along with a lot of supplements. You should PM her for more info- she's done a lot of research on this.

fischee

Post by fischee » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:17 am

Thanks Mary. i actually just looked in my cupboards and found this EXACT product. Crazy, huh? Maybe I'll try it before bed tonight.

nikknits

Post by nikknits » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:12 am

I started using some products from Native Remedies (www.nativeremedies.com)
about a week ago. I am using Mindsoothe, PureCalm and Nerve Tonic.

It takes up to 5 weeks or so for the Mindsoothe, which is capsules of St Johns Wort and Passionflower to take full effect. Pure Calm is Lemon Balm, Lavender and Passionflower drops you mix with water...and it works in minutes. The nerve tonic are chewable tablets that are like Mindsoothe in that it takes a few weeks to kick in, mabye shorter amount of time for others.

I really do like the PureCalm for taking the edge off, with no spacy or drowsy feeling. You can't take Mindsoothe if you are on an antidepressant.

I will let you know how it goes. I had heard good things about this group of products and wanted a non drug way to try first. It isn't a cure, but again, is supposed to help feel better balanced and able to cope with stress.

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:41 am

Thanks nikknits for the info. Is always good to get a recommendation for a certain company that makes this, as some are not always that reliable. I do have the Passionflower extract that I take and it does work quickly. I just keep forgetting to re stock, as the small bottles get depleted fast.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”