A lot of new skills learned

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Sol

Post by Sol » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:19 am

I seem to be relating to most of the issues in the first 4 sessions. I listened to session 4 today and I was laughing as I couldn't believe how most of it is me.

It is really hard to know when to use the new tools/skills we've learned. I have general anxiety most days and I am trying to breathe properly, see a stop sign, ask myself what is the matter, focus on the present etc.

Does this get easier? I am trying... so hard.

I have noticed people at work talking negative all the time and I try not to comment or jump in...

crazycatlady

Post by crazycatlady » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:05 am

Do not be afraid to break from the crowd and not be the sheep. Go for a walk or something by yourself and stay clear of the negative. I have even cleared myself from relatives that are negative because it is such a bad impact on my mental health. Most of the time, people are negative because they are the ones who are afraid of themselves and also afraid that others are going to be better than they are. I enrolled in a Mary Kay business two years ago and those I thought would be supportive were just the opposite. My wise neighbor told me not to expect anything, then I will never be disappointed. How true! Stay with those who support and are positive, you will find them.

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”