Help!!! What is my problem?

Do you have such high expectations of yourself and others that you’re constantly disappointed? Learn how to have realistic, reasonable expectations and be happier than you’ve ever been before.
Laura R_1

Post by Laura R_1 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:36 am

O.k. I do know what my problem is. It is called anxiety and depression. I have come to realize in this session that I have unrealistic views of many things!! Especially my expectations of others. How do you like this one? I had my beleif that because I do not have the things that I want that my siblings should do them. That at the very leastthey should be happy; even if I am not!! Does that make any sense? Of coure not!! It is unrealistic and it oly harms me. Now, with my upcoming trip t Mexico, I am placing ideas in my head like: What if the plane crashes? What if I don't go? What if I wait to the spring? What if I take the bus instead? Then, think that I am afraid of the mountains. I am having a somewhat rough time. There were a couple of days this week that I could not sleep.

I tell myself it this temporary condition that I have to think negatively!! I need encouragement.

Thank You,

Laura :roll:

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:00 am

can you tell yourself something positive about the trip?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:09 am

i ABSOLUTELY CAN TELL MYSELF SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT THE TRIP. AS I READ, WHAT I HAD WRITTEN I REALIZED THAT MY SUBCONSCIOUS DICTATED WHAT I WROTE. IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO WRITE THAT I HAVE TO BE NEGATIVE!! wHAT I MEANT IT IS THAT I NEED TO BE THINKING POSITIVELT!! tHE MIND IS VERY POWERFUL.

Allie3030

Post by Allie3030 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:27 am

let's hear it. be specific. it's easier for us to help if you are specific.
unless you are just venting/need to keep it private--in which case. . . hope it goes well.

(did you know that it kinda comes across like you're screaming with the letters in all caps. did i offend you? that was not my intention.)

epa

Post by epa » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:47 am

I apologize! You did not offend me in anyway. I have issues with my keyboard. So, I capitalized.

No, I am not trying to keep my trip private at all. I wrote about it last week on session 3. It is that I need to take of a personal matter in which I will let the person I care about my feelings be known. That scares me. I just think it is the best thing I can do for myself. Not that I have any real expectations from it. I just want to release so I can move on.

What is bothering me today is that my brother is in the hospital ill. Please pray for him and my family. :( :roll:
ATTITUDE -- The mind is like a parachute...it doesn't work unless it's open!!

MS. LaDyBuGg

Post by MS. LaDyBuGg » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:45 pm

. . . praying. . .

Return to “Session 4 - Expectations: How to Expect Less and Get More”