One step forward and maybe one step back!

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Boone

Post by Boone » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:01 am

Do any of you find that you are doing really, really well with the program - then something happens and you fall off the wagon - Darn!!! I was doing really good (am up to week 7) then I got bronchitis bad - started being negative because I didn't feel good and wham the anxiety and runaway thoughts are back. I feel better and am back to journaling my negative thoughts and what ifs as fast as they come out. But darn I am a little disappointed that I lost that momentum. I know that the program will work - but it is not easy ;)
Boone

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 am

Surely someone has some thoughts on this :cool:

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:43 am

Hi Boone,

Oh yess the dreaded steps backwards- I am there.. beginning of Jan I was on top of the world, got through an exam, off my meds and bday and now this week everything has gone bad- no raise, car accident (minor) you name it! ick! I feel like I have gone back beyond the original depression/anxiety.. I want to start the program all over again to find that calm I had initially! what I am saying is I CAN RELATE!

I dont have any answers, I am just redoing some of the tapes (starting at 3 again)and reviewing all my notes and positive journaling ewww!

Isnt it amazing how quick we fall back into the hole? geez thats scary- i hope it gets easier for both of us!

Best wishes boone, keep in touch and hopefully someone can help suggest something :)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:44 am

PS you said it- this program IS NOT EASY- I hope people do not expect that it is b.c. you will never see results that way eh? man this is the toughest yet most 'simple' thing ive ever done :)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:46 am

<span class="ev_code_PINK">hello </span> it must be really hard thinking that your doing so well, and then get pushed back. kind of like chutes and ladders huh? well that's why you can always go back and restart the lessons. if you are always feeling good, and never have a bad day. one day there will not be any room for improvement. it's always better to be a 4 than a 5! ;)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:47 am

Allow yourself to fall off, its no big deal. You already know that the program will work so allow yourself the luxury of getting back on. If you don't feel well physically, allow yourself a little care-giving. No one can remain in the same state forever - it is physically impossible. Neither will you and eventually you will progress to the next phase of your health, recovery and life. You have the power to make that next phase as positive and rewarding as you wish. I assure you, you will feel better soon.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:55 am

Awesome inspiration - all of you. Only those who have experienced the anxiety and this program can understand - so I am so happy to get advice from those who have had success.

Mikal - I love thinking of this as stages we pass through to get better and better. It gives so much hope.

Here is to all of us having many steps forward!!!

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:56 am

Boone, yes I can totally relate!! I'm glad you posted this today, I needed it! I think this is a normal process with learning to retrain our thoughts! I don't think this is something we can do overnight, especially while I've struggled with anxiety for over 20 years..I definately feel I'm more in control of my thoughts, but I still have my days! Like today for instance..It's been pretty stressful with the babies and all, and I can feel the blood running through me, but I know what it is and I keep reminding myself that it's stress and tomorrow is another day ;) I've also been dealing with an respiratory infection and I notice attitude changes when I'm sick :roll: I think everyone does. But for anxious people, we tend to put more "thought" into it and freak ourself out..If that makes sense? Don't know if this helps you, but just to know that you're NOT alone is comforting, I'm sure! TAke care, And I hope to get to feeling better soooooon ;)!
Robin

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:12 am

Hi all! I too am in the same situation as Boone. I have been feeling down. I relized that we are going through stages and bad habits are not easy to change. Im so glad that Im not alone. I have been sitting back and reading the posts and now Im finally ready to participate. Thanks! :p

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:31 am

Robin,

Sounds like we are in the same boat. Amazing how a silly thing like a cold can throw us for a loop. Why its because we are such special sensitive personalities - TEE HEE!! Kind of like the fairly tale - The Princess and the Pea ;)

Seriously though we are strong women - getting stronger everyday and we can do this!!!

Thanks for the encouragement - hope you feel better soon too!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”