Thoughts not loud enough to hear them

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Sol

Post by Sol » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Yikes... I've just finished this session and feel like I need more time but the book says to move on.

I think... think that my anxiety comes from what-if thinking and predicting the future and has to do with big things like being alone and never having children (don't have any) or friends (don't have many) and being away from my family and not having anything to do after work.

I hate being alone at home, yet I used to be so independent. I so much want that back... I spent years alone with no problems.

This talking to my self and soothing myself sounds sooooo fake(stop negative thought here). I try and fake smiling and talk to myself with respect.

I drive and smile... :D

Sometimes I have anxiety and do all the steps but I can't figure out why it's there or what I was thinking to bring it on. How can you think positive or change the negative thoughts if you don't even know what you're thinking? I try desperately to shift back to the present - not the past and feel guilty and not predict the future either.

It is really hard to do alone. I think we can all do it...

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Sol; "How can you think positive or change the negative thoughts if you don't even know what you're thinking"?

Allot of it is fake it until you make it, it is a decision like to be happy is a decision, smiling takes fewer mussels, but if you watch a crowed you will see very few smiles, our culture has made cynics of us all.

I read if you write a word with an I in it. any word you name is best as you are comfortable with that, and you use it most of all. but it may not have an i in it. so Write a word with an i in it Now;

wear is the dot, is it directly above the line, or behind it or in front of it. The theory is if the dot is directly above the line you are living in the present moment, if it is behind the line you are living in the past, if it is in front of the line you are living in the future, either way unless it is directly above the line you are not living in the present, and you must live in the present to enjoy your life. Now to change it if you are not living in the present, is to make very sure each time you write an i you deliberately put that dot directly above the line, and you will change your attitude and it will bring you in to living in the present, perhaps by keeping you reminded or perhaps the theorist is correct in believing that practicing diligently doing the right thing outwardly changes you inwardly. Either way I found it very helpful myself

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:59 pm

Hi there! Just started with the program for almost a month now, so far it's really doing a good job. I'm learning a lot from it esp. how to overcome panic attacks. Oh boy, it's really awful to suffer from anxiety and depression,it's really devastating!!! You're so doubtful about yourself and all the what if's and all the negative thoughts just driving you crazy. It caused you to have low self esteem that's affecting your life, career and your whole being. I'm on session 4 this week but stayed in session 3 for 2 wks. It's really great to absorb what we're learning inorder to get the best result. Sometimes, I still have that anxiety symptoms but thank God, got the will and the knowledge to cope up with it. Thank you, Lucinda Bassett for your intelligence/ patience just to discover this program to help us and those who suffer from anxiety and depression. :)

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:34 pm

Sol,
Hi, i just read your call for help. You really are everywhere and all over the place in your thoughts. Are you usind the relaxation disc 2 times a day. That helps a lot....at first its hard but you really can clear your mind...use it. it will work. This program does tell us to move on and not get stuck...but you know what we all process information differently... and the purpose too of this program is to get through it in our own time...and to get as much from each session as we can....so if you need to stay on this session a little longer...do it...dont panic. Its ok. in your own time...and we all have all the time we need to do what we need to do. So dont rush your self...take your time and if you find yourself stuck on this session ...you yourself will know if your stuck...then go ahead and at that time just let it go...and move on... you can always come back. Try your best to not allow yourself to think past what is. DOnt analyze or think,,,,just hear, and you will be fine. You have to teach yourself to do this. The tools are with you. Its up to you to use the tools in the appropriate manor. Right. You wouldnt want to use a hammer on a screw right? so stop hammering your brain waves and let them take their time and slow down. I wish you the very best and hope to here you are getting it...you will. Smile and have a beautiful day!

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:38 am

Hello Sol,
I, too, used to think about my past. It tormented me daily. I heard Joel Osteen speak about a year ago on guilt and the past. He said that "the bad things of the past are "old rocks" and that we have "boats". Forget about our "Old Rocks". If we bring them into our "new boat" we will sink it". Something as simple as that has given me freedom. If my past and guilt creeps into my mind I just say, "No!." I will not bring "old rocks" into my new boat". It really works.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”