Having a problem journaling

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
sldonn

Having a problem journaling

Post by sldonn » Wed May 16, 2018 6:35 am

Hello I've been doing the program for a few months now and again I'm back to lesson 3 I'm starting to feel very frustrated it's like I take 3 steps forward and 2 steps back my biggest problem is journaling there are so many thoughts going on in my head all at once it's hard to write I feel like there's another voice in my head that keeps talking all day long and if I could shut her up I'd be fine anyone else have a problem like this?

randy c.

Re: Having a problem journaling

Post by randy c. » Mon May 21, 2018 4:05 pm

sidonn, I would write down what shes saying too. It might help your concentration.

sldonn

Post by sldonn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:34 pm

thank you thats a good idea. I do write down a lot of what is being said and I read it over and over

JacobJonik

Post by JacobJonik » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:37 am

I have it too. It's like I have so many negative thoughts to even keep track of and I feel like I just can't stop working and write stuff down. I have a dwelling problem so the big thoughts are the ones I try to keep track of.

riggsl

Post by riggsl » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:59 pm

Jacob,
Sometimes I just have to say "stop." And then I ask myself, what are you doing? Just recognizing that you're having a negative thought is a great first step. Then I talk out loud to myself if I'm in a quiet space. It doesn't have to be perfect and in the beginning it's hard to write down all of the negative thoughts because there are so many. I think that the point! RECOGNITION. Hang in there. I'm doing the same....

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:30 am

Awareness is key: Be proud of yourself that you can hear the negative thoughts now.
Simplify the response. Say: "not true, not helpful, you can let go".

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”