Looking for encouragement to finish this time

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
knj102104

Looking for encouragement to finish this time

Post by knj102104 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi! My name is Kim and this is my 4th attempt since 2009 to finish this program. I have struggled since a teenager with anxiety and depression. I have major medical that affects my daily life and I depend on my husband a lot for support and help. He is absolutely wonderful with helping me, no questions asked but my anxiety and guilt plagues my days. I have started this program 3 times in the past but the first time I got to week 4 and then found out I had cancer and ended up stopping the program. I then attempted the program again some time later and stop it again because of fear of the unknown of how the program would change me and same thing happened the 3rd time. I am now starting to feel the same way as I am noticing some changes already in how I am thinking, feeling, and doing things. Why do I feel scared at this point? What other suggestions does anyone have to help me continue this program. I REALLY want to finish this, I WANT to see the person I can be. Any help is so greatly appreciated!!! Thank You so very much!!! :)

coachchris

Re: Looking for encouragement to finish this time

Post by coachchris » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi Kim,
This is Coach Chris from the coaching team. How great to hear you persevering in recovery.
You say you have fear of the unknown and how the program might change you...

What is your exact concern about change? Realistically, what is the worst thing that could happen?

A lot of us overthink the program (me included) and it becomes a great excuse not to move forward. I would advise that you skip to lesson 12 and see what resistance behaviors might be in play.

I love your courage to reach out and ask for help/accountability. Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to private message me as well.

We are here to help
Coach Chris

Honeybee7

Re: Looking for encouragement to finish this time

Post by Honeybee7 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Change can be scary yes but maybe if you just look at those feeling different. Maybe those are the same feelings could be excitement to see the new you. You can do this!!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”