Shortness of breath

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Mary B.

Shortness of breath

Post by Mary B. » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:44 am

Hi all, I need to talk about what is going on for right now and maybe others can relate and/or support. The symptoms that seems to be predominant right now if that sense that I cannot get enough air in. I can't take a deep breath and this is a trigger for me. Even though I understand the SOB is an anxiety symptom it still has an adrenalin releasing effect. I wonder if I have asthma or if I will need to rush to the hospital if the feeling of smothering gets worse. I even took Ativan and still it persists. And to make things worse for myself I find it hard to accept that I would still have these symptoms and let them scare me given all the knowledge and experienced have. Feeling this way while also trying to act like all is well to my 3 young boys who need their mother. It breaks my heart that I'am more absorbed in myself which must come across in some ways. It is difficult. Can anyone else relate to my circumstances? I would love to hear from you. I feel so alone in this horrible phase of my life. Thank you for reading.
Maria

THH

Re: Shortness of breath

Post by THH » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Mary B,
I have not had exactly like what your having with not being able to breath but I have had things like feeling like someone has their hands around my throat and hard to swallow. Also heart skipping beats and many other anxiety related issues. Most of the time if I take my Xanax the symptoms go away in time. There are times that the anxiety was too high for the drug to work properly. Then I needed to take in for a few days in a row. Then it went away and I knew it was my old friend anxiety.
I would try that and if it does not go away I would go see my doctor just to be sure. I feel for you having this, and to have kids depending on you just puts more pressure on you.

Try to do your program, and identify what is really bothering you. Work out your thoughts and identify what you need to do to correct the thoughts. If your too upset, just know it will pass and you can revisit this day again and then make your changes.

You can do this! Sending good strong thoughts...

DannyC

Post by DannyC » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:16 am

Hey Mary B I hope you feel better and overcome.

I know what you mean when you say you feel selfish just thinking about yourself, my mom refuses to

do so, but just think about it as a good healthy selfishness. Everybody needs THEIR time too. Just

because you're a mother doesn't mean you can't think about yourself.

You are a strong person and your kids know that ;)
Danny C.

Mary B.

Post by Mary B. » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:34 pm

I appreciate all the replies. Thank you!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”