Should I move onto session 4?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Mary B.

Should I move onto session 4?

Post by Mary B. » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi everyone,
I was wondering what others were doing when they are done with spending 1 wk on session 3 as it is very time consuming to be able to change one's ways of thinking. Should I stay on session 3 a bit longer or move ahead as is recommended. Love to hear from others. Thanks
Maria

THH

Re: Should I move onto session 4?

Post by THH » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:26 pm

Mary B,
Hi, do each session as you need/ like. You don't have to do it perfectly but rather have some solid idea how it may apply to you and your life. Then move on, I believe they suggest a week. You can revisit at anytime you like. I have found for me certain sessions are good to come back to.
My best to you...

Mary B.

Post by Mary B. » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:04 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it. How are you doing thus far?

deb123

Post by deb123 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:32 am

You can do what works for you.
I found moving on helpful. I knew my negative self talk wouldn't go away even after a few weeks, still hasn't that's why I'm reading this board that I should have come to when I was doing it. But session 4 was "Expecting Less and Getting More." I found a lot of my negative self talk is that I expect too much of myself and then I talk down to myself. When I realize that it doesn't have to be perfect and I need to just let it go, it helped.

I'm sure I'll revisit session 3. It's staying with me because I know I need to work on it.

deb123

Post by deb123 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Just wanted to add, in Session 6 they suggest you listen to Session 3 again, I just did. So really, you could listen to it any time you needed.

I realized that from Session 6 about being angry, some of that is from the negative self talk. I discovered a lot directed at myself. But anger, seems to me, to be just negativity. So using compassionate self talk helps calm down that angry thought.

So I would still say if you feel like you need to stay on Session 3, do that, but I don't think staying too long on it will benefit you more. The next sessions build on each other and help each one. They kind of interwine.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”