I'm taking less anxiety meds and I'm a mess.

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Scylla

I'm taking less anxiety meds and I'm a mess.

Post by Scylla » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm an anxious mess. It's affecting my driving. I'm struggling with this right now. I'm very anxious. I'm trying to replace my negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Believe me, in my situation it is very hard. I try to have a positive attitude despite hypothyroidism, bipolar, and type 1 diabetes which I almost forgot to write down. I'm listening to my tapes again because I've got to get a grip on my anxiety. I've been told that lorazepam could give me dementia in my future years. I can't be forty and losing my mind. I'm trying to cope with my anxiety better. When I drive I'm not focused enough. I'm focused on the body feelings of anxiety. I'm going to my Emotions Anonymous group tonight and I think I really need to do tonight.

Mary B.

Re: I'm taking less anxiety meds and I'm a mess.

Post by Mary B. » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:34 pm

I understand what ur going thru bc I too am taking Ativan which is similar to lorazepam and when it wears off I feel all jittery and anxious. My heart beats faster and I fear it is a trigger for a panic attack or greater anxiety. I know it's most likely a rebound effect from the meds and I'm hoping to find a natural substitute but for now I am following the docs orders. I'm also taking Lexapro and until it fully kicks in he wants me to take the Ativan at night so that I can sleep and I need it again during day to keep anxiety manageable. I fear getting addicted but one step at a time. I am a stay at home mom with 3 young boys who are handful so I need to be well enough to do my job-lol! Anxiety is a terrible feeling but I know that it is also non life threatening and highly treatable so for that I'am grateful. Would u consider taking an all natural supplement? Hope u have a good night and know that u r not alone!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”