Empowering Group Program Run-through part3

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Ninjafrodo2

Re: Empowering Group Program Run-through part3

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:41 pm

THH;
Sounds like you got a great doctor, that is very fortunate for you :), I've noticed that life is pretty cool in that even though you might be struggling alot and things are difficult, there are also always some kind of resource or support that helps you to learn and move forward, sometimes we just don't recognize that when we get caught up in the negative stuff.

As for sharing, I've found from my own experience that before I used to share with anybody who was willing to listen and who was trying to help...we really do have choose who we share stuff with because even if they try to help, what they say can be really detrimental despite their good intentions...sometimes its because they have never gone through what we have and other times they have gone through it but have not dealt with it very well themselves and they are just expressing their poor ways of coping onto you as an answer! I think that is why we need to be our own support person, our own safe person because we aren't always going to have someone that we can turn to that can make us feel more secure.

Mike

THH

Post by THH » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Mike,
sometimes its because they have never gone through what we have and other times they have gone through it but have not dealt with it very well themselves and they are just expressing their poor ways of coping onto you as an answer! I think that is why we need to be our own support person, our own safe person because we aren't always going to have someone that we can turn to that can make us feel more secure.
Well said!
We are going to be that one day for ourselves.

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Thank you :)

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”