Worried about effects of all this panic/stress on heart

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Sharon120

Worried about effects of all this panic/stress on heart

Post by Sharon120 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Hello,

This is my first time on here and I just began the program. I too have the same concerns as Jodie and started really worrying after hearing the woman on the CD talking about her heart attack and it being a direct result of stress. This scares me terribly as I have these racing heart episodes daily and have had them since I was 43....I am now 48. Everyone keeps saying that no one has ever died from a panic attack but what about the effects our panic attacks have on our hearts long term?

I had panic/anxiety all my life...then suddenly at the age of 27, I no longer suffered from them...that freedom lasted 16 years and then BAM, one night when I was awakened out of a deep sleep with my heart going 200 bpm....from that night on, I have these episodes often, sometimes nightly, sometimes 3 times a night and sometimes I can go weeks or months without a problem...I know believe I suffer nocturnal (spelled wrong, sorry) panic attacks. I also get them throughout the day...sometimes with stress, when I'm worried, freaking out about something and sometimes they will come out of the blue when I don't really believe I'm worried about anything...there's no rhyme or reason for them. I read all the time how a racing heart from this flight or fight response isn't going to hurt your heart but after hearing about this woman's heart attack at such a young age, I'm a little concerned. I love your program and it really is helping me alot. My panic attacks are fewer now and I'm learning better ways to cope and deal with them as they come. Just wanted a little feedback or information regarding the heart and the ill effects from all these panic attacks over the years. Thank you.

coachchris

Re: Worried about effects of all this panic/stress on heart

Post by coachchris » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi Sharon,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Thank you for your post and reaching out.
I too had heart palpitations related to stress. Mine started at the age of 35. I had to have my heart checked out and have since learned how to manage my stress and adrenalin better, thanks to the program:) I am 47 now.

We always recommend you see your physician and discuss your health concerns with them. It's important to focus on the positive whatifs and what you have control of right now. Having said that, I have found in my journey staying positive and focused on the present moment is a must. I also watch my diet, exercise and try to maintain good time management.

I hope this helps.
Coach Chris

Midwestwmn

Re: Worried about effects of all this panic/stress on heart

Post by Midwestwmn » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi Coach Chris;

I am receiving the sleep tablets but they no longer help me I am taking 3 a night now and really don't want to go up to 4. How do I stop the automatic shipments?

Rose

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”