Give it your all!

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
coley429

Give it your all!

Post by coley429 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:47 am

Hi there, this is my second time going through the program. the first time was a few years ago and i honestly did not give it my all and do all of the required steps. i thought that i could just think about my negative thoughts and change them with out writing them down and tracking them. I also was not invested in this wholeheartedly so i sort of gave up when things got hard...Well HUGE MISTAKE! i ended up here two years later probably in the worst place I've ever been all because i didn't have the commitment and dedication to really work for it and fully participate in the program. So my advice is to give this your all and give it your all now. so you don't end up like i did. But good news..now I'm in week three this time around and I'm actually doing the things that they say is important, taking risks, feeling the fear and guess what?? I FEEL AMAZING! only week three and I'm already learning so much and growing so much! its definitely not easy but I'm not going to give up this time. i have too much to be better for. :) thank you to every one at StressCenter and i look forward to keeping you updated while i become the new me! :D :D :) :)

jmali695

Re: Give it your all!

Post by jmali695 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:54 pm

I had a very similar experience of trying the program several times but not giving it my full attention. Even by doing bits and pieces of the program I still felt better, but didn't put in that much effort. The furthest I got was session ten and then I abandoned the program after spring break. A year later I realized that things were getting worse and I was more depressed than ever. This time around I am treating it as the most important task in my life. I already feel great even though some days are better than others. Good to see I wasn't the only one who went through this experience. Good luck to you!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”