Challenging oneself

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
luvbarbie7

Challenging oneself

Post by luvbarbie7 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:21 pm

I have a problem with comitting to things at times just like this program. I start it, begin to feel relief from anxiety and panic by the end of disc 3 and stop the program. Then it creeps back in when I start feeling a lot of stress. I started feeling a lot of anxiety again when I gave birth to my daughter in January. She was born 15 weeks early. I feel I've been very calm and mostly positive during her hospitalization. She'll probably be there a little while longer. Last night I took a route home that I often avoid because I wanted to challenge myself. I felt extreme anxiety during the drive and when I got home I felt proud of myself although I was very shaky and feeling a little short of breath. I started questioning why I had done it, now I have all these anxiety symptoms. Next thing I know I am having a full on panic attack. I tried to calm myself down but it got really bad. The only reason I did not go to the hospital is because I knew they can not really do anything for me. After about half an hour I was so tired and fell asleep. I continued waking up suddenly through the night with a racing heart. Today I am feeling a lot of anxiety because it had been so long since I had a bad panic attack, I almost forget how uncomfortable it is. I know I will build myself up again. I wish it was instantaneous but I will be patient with myself. I wish there was an on and off switch.

Jukes

Re: Challenging oneself

Post by Jukes » Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 pm

I have just recently started the program and am learning so much. I can only imagine how much stress you are under with a premature baby. Your hormones are probably still trying to get back to normal and that could be causing a lot of your anxiety as well. I know my anxiety is worse the week before my period so I truly believe hormones do play a role with our anxiety and panic. The counselor I am seeing now says she goes to OB at the hospital every week. She believes some of my anxiety and panic attacks starting, was postpartum. Just know this and know you will get past this. You obviously have the tools you need. It is just reviewing them and starting to put them in play. Sorry you are feeling this way. My prayers are with you.

lesley123

Post by lesley123 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:06 pm

thats good ..try an keep it going...I have had the oppsite where it brought my aniexty out more..now having problems again ...Im session 5 but really need to get this down pat self positive talk..as I have a lot of negative its controlling ...so I have taken back step now too with my agrogphboia too..but I do love the progam I do feel positive n feel a lot better doing it than not...however I haven't listen to session 5 in 2 weeks now I hve listen to session 3 but I m not to start all over again or just keep going ...want to recover ...mines not mild...keep up .... :D

luvbarbie7

Post by luvbarbie7 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:59 am

Thank you for the encouragement. I have thought the same about hormones and that time of the month affecting the anxiety. It's probably true considering how emotional one gets. I know I well get better but in the process, it's hard.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”