Challenging oneself

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
luvbarbie7

Challenging oneself

Post by luvbarbie7 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:19 pm

I have a problem with comitting to things at times just like this program. I start it, begin to feel relief from anxiety and panic by the end of disc 3 and stop the program. Then it creeps back in when I start feeling a lot of stress. I started feeling a lot of anxiety again when I gave birth to my daughter in January. She was born 15 weeks early. I feel I've been very calm and mostly positive during her hospitalization. She'll probably be there a little while longer. Last night I took a route home that I often avoid because I wanted to challenge myself. I felt extreme anxiety during the drive and when I got home I felt proud of myself although I was very shaky and feeling a little short of breath. I started questioning why I had done it, now I have all these anxiety symptoms. Next thing I know I am having a full on panic attack. I tried to calm myself down but it got really bad. The only reason I did not go to the hospital is because I knew they can not really do anything for me. After about half an hour I was so tired and fell asleep. I continued waking up suddenly through the night with a racing heart. Today I am feeling a lot of anxiety because it had been so long since I had a bad panic attack, I almost forget how uncomfortable it is. I know I will build myself up again. I wish it was instantaneous but I will be patient with myself. I wish there was an on and off switch.

findpeace

Re: Challenging oneself

Post by findpeace » Sun May 05, 2013 8:29 pm

You have to stay the course on all 15 lessons. You can pick up where yuo left off or you can start over, but you should go through all 15 lessons. Even if you feel better, you get reinforcement by doing the other lessons and may find out new things that have contributed to the anxiety.

denny316

Post by denny316 » Wed May 15, 2013 5:34 pm

I agree with findpeace and plan on going through the entire program also. Come on luvbarbie7 you have gotten out of it before and you can most definitely do it again.

luvbarbie7

Post by luvbarbie7 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks guys, I will stay on board. I know I will overcome.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”