My Progress: Session 3 - Self Talk

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
DannyC

My Progress: Session 3 - Self Talk

Post by DannyC » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:05 am

I am on week 3 Self Talk the key to a healthy self-esteem.

My assignment this week from the Guidebook is to recognize and write down my negative thoughts and replace them with positive empowering thought.

One of my negative self defeating thoughts is:
worrying about what others think about me. Like "they're going to think this of me, or that of me."

Now, i'm having trouble replacing it with a positive thought.

Can anyone help me? Any suggestions? Coach Chris?
Danny C.

coachchris

Re: My Progress: Session 3 - Self Talk

Post by coachchris » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:26 pm

HI Danny,

I can tell you are hard at work with the program. In regards to your positive thought replacement I would start by writing out 5 things that make you valuable and 5 strengths you have. Use these truths to create your positive selftalk and define who you are. You can always respond to negatives by saying; "This thought is not helpful or true and I choose to let it go. I choose to not let others define me. I am proud of the changes I am making. I take one day at a time and I always do my best."

I think I have sent you some some selfltalk scripts in the past? Always remember to talk to yourself like you would a good friend.

Keep us posted :)
Coach Chris

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”