Anyone have obsessive thougths?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
austin88

Anyone have obsessive thougths?

Post by austin88 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm trying to start session 3 and every time I listen to how negative I am I have the same reoccurring negative obsessive thoughts. Does anyone else have this? I am trying to focus on positive talk. Does anyone have any suggestions?

pookie4

Re: Anyone have obsessive thougths?

Post by pookie4 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Yes i have them all the time and it leaves me wondering if im losing my sanity...im having a hard time believing it just anxiety...these thoughts are off the wall dcary and very annoying. I find breathing techniques work

austin88

Post by austin88 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:31 pm

on top of that I have nonstop chest pains I feel like it won't ever stop like I'm going to die. Very discouraging. I almost feel like I don't know what to do anymore

luvbarbie7

Post by luvbarbie7 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:44 am

I too have been feeling this way. It's such a chronic agonizing discomfort. I had been doing so well and I know I will get back to feeling well but in the meantime this burning feeling in my chest and the racing thoughts have me feeling as though I too am losing my sanity. I wish there was an off switch to all of this anxiety. I have been dealing with constant stress for a few months and it feels as though I have snapped yet again into thus horrible state. I wish I could sleep my way to recovery but I know that is unrealistic. I will be patient with myself. I know I will soon feel better.

lockdo

Post by lockdo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:47 am

I definitely feel that everything is just collapsing around me. I do have hope that it will work out!!! :oops:

missyrachy

Post by missyrachy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:31 am

just did an interesting exercise where I wrote out all of my negative obsessive thoughts and the predominate ones I had to changed them into HOW questions. I found this to be very helpful in organizing my thoughts. Instead of just focusing on that worry; I am turning the thought into ideas of how to deal with the concern.

dukey

Post by dukey » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 pm

I am having unrealistic thoughts that nag me like is thinking real or doubt

mtassinari

Post by mtassinari » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:44 am

I have several obsessive recurring worries about health, job, and relationship issues. I just keep trying to counter my negative thoughts about these issues with a variety of positive thoughts. I do believe that upcoming sessions address worry and obsessive thoughts so I am looking forward to that. I am hoping that if I continue countering the recurring negative thoughts for long enough eventually I will begin to have recurring positive thoughts, although I don't know how long this will take. I guess longer than a week. :roll:

curtis123

Post by curtis123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Austin here is what i suggest to do. I was going through the program and doing quite well but I was hung up on a scary obsessive thought that I could not get out of my head. I remember in session 3 when she talked about in a up coming tape about obsessive scary thoughts later in the program. I phoned the mid west center to see if it was a good idea to skip ahead on cirtin sessions, or if it was better to just go 1-15 in order of the program. They told me that it is YOUR PROGRAM and to use it how ever you want, and that skipping ahead and going back is a great idea and to use this to your advantage. I skipped ahead to session 10 spent about 2 weeks drilling the info into my head, i came out feeling alot better and learned some really great tools on how to deal with obsessive thinking. I will now go back to session 5 where I was before and continue on from there. REMEMBER its your progam use it how ever it suits you and don't feel like you have to go in order of the tapes, bounce around...Good luck I hope this helps. Curt.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”