Anyone else on week three right now?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
chinclub

Anyone else on week three right now?

Post by chinclub » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:12 pm

I really like this week. It has been really eye opening and really hard. I know that my main problem is no self esteem. The hardest part for me so far has been writing 10 positive things about myself.

I can tell that the program is working though. 2 days ago I found out my husband was leaving for 3 days. During that time I had to host a sleep over for my teenage daughter (already planned) AND my son had to get to a scout event. I don't drive, I get very anxious when I have to be home at night without my husband, and having anyone new in my house, even teens, has always made my safe place seem invaded. I will be honest, when my husband told me I totally panicked. I went from 0 to 60 in a moment. It took a few minutes for me to think rationally but then I put this week's lesson to work. Once I really sat down and thought about it I realized maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. Now here I am in the middle of it all and not one more panic attack.

It was embarrassing this morning when another parent had to come pick up my son. I feel like they are wondering why they had to drive here to get him when I obviously have a car in the driveway. But I just tried not to think about it. Baby steps, right?

redizzie

Re: Anyone else on week three right now?

Post by redizzie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:12 am

Yes, Baby steps is what I am doing too. I just started week 3 and have listened multiple times to the CD already. My plan today is to do the workbook. The program is beginning to work for me because I actually had 2 days without any anxiety or depression in a row. Woke up this morning though in an instant anxious mood. All the self talk and relaxation CD I could do haven't seemed to benefit me yet, but I am working on that self talk and know that it will get better by the end of the day. I just keep taking baby steps and reminding myself this is a process. Good luck in your journey!

feelingbetter01

Post by feelingbetter01 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Congratulations Red! Just started week 3 as well. It seems difficult to counter my negative thoughts since I tend to obsess over them. That may be a different lesson. I do like the exercises, though, but I agree Chin, it's hard to come up with TEN positive things to say about myself. I like your "baby steps" comment. It's very true!

lesley123

Post by lesley123 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:44 am

im to taking baby steps , im finding it hard some expaenations of me that i cant give or get upto ..im finding it hard to think positive comments after writing the negative , but now at least im thinking about it all now which before the progam i wouldnt want to think about aniexty / panic ..how is everyone going with facing the fear in session 2 ? i did it but now am scared to do it again even though i done the skills n didnt scream or get angry like i used too, but i find it hard to face upto it again...i will though cause i want to get the best out of this progam that i can ...i find it hard to think good of myself as its so easy negative...hope everyone is going ok with yours... :)

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”