Loving myself... It FEELS GREAT

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
MirandaLey

Loving myself... It FEELS GREAT

Post by MirandaLey » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:15 pm

I think this program is really helping me to see that, as Buddha said, "You yourself, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve unconditional love." I've known that I need to improve myself esteem, but I don't think I ever before really turned the focus inward and questioned how I really felt about myself. I've had enough of trying to please everyone else. I need to give myself the same tender love and affection and confidence and encouragement that I'd give anyone else. I'm 25 years old and it has taken me this long to realize that to be a loving person to others I must first LOVE myself unconditionally. I must stop feeling inadequate because I have anxiety. I need to make excuses to no one. As for people who might want to drag me down or talk to me disrespectfully -- even if they're family -- I'm finally getting that it's not an option. I will simply not put up with it. I love myself more than that. I was lying in bed last night about to fall asleep when I realized that I need to actively love myself!!!

coachchris

Re: Loving myself... It FEELS GREAT

Post by coachchris » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:13 am

You got it! Jesus also said- Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Well done Miranda!

MirandaLey

Post by MirandaLey » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Thank you for the positive encouragement Chris :)

findpeace

Post by findpeace » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Miranda, I am at the point where you were at when you posted this: learning to love myself and feed myself with positive self-talk.

butterfly2

Post by butterfly2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:54 pm

I am also just beginning to learn this. Years and years of negative self talk takes awhile to counter, so I am trying to be patient with myself as I learn this new way of gentle, nurturing, healthy self love. Praying that all of us who suffer with anxiety can learn this and experience a joyful & free life.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”