The Company I Keep

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
peace83

The Company I Keep

Post by peace83 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Everytime I listen to one of the CDs I start to notice some of the lessons taught in the CD. Well, last week was my first week back from vacation and over my vacation I have been listening to my CDs and making improvements. When I went back to work on Wednesday, I felt good and impowered but by the end of the day I felt drained maybe because of the people I was around. There is a coworker of mine that is very negative, she must find the bad in everything. She is a nice woman but negative and by me being negative too it did not help. By the end of the day I forgot all about thinking postive but the next day I worked with a different team and my attitude was different. I worked with a woman that I considered to be a nice, up beat woman and she brings that out in others. My mood thursday and friday was postive. On the CD, it talks about you changing and recoginzing the people around you changing, well I cannot always change the people I work with but I can try my hardest to keep my attitude right. I had so much fun those last two days, I even looked into going back to school.
I just got done listening to CD #3 about self-esteem and I was up lifted even more on being a poostive person and doing right by myself. Becoming my own best friend and loving myself as I do the people I care about. I cant say I looked at myself as being that high on my own list, I guess thats why I used to settle for whatever. I am still working on speaking up and standing up, I tell you since I have started to speak up it has felt like a weight off my shoulders. When I used to just not say anything I would get chest pains and feel weak but not anymore. I am not perfect at it but I am doing it, one step at a time. If I say nothing, no one will know and they wont know if their offending me or not so in turn its not their fault but my own for not speaking up. Now there are just somethings that I just keep telling myself so I wont give up and go backwards. I guess thats what is meant by postive self talk; I sometimes think I dont use postive self talk but I do everyday!!! Positve over negative...RECOGNIZE ;)

coachchris

Re: The Company I Keep

Post by coachchris » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Well done!!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”