How to react when a family member saids things that make me

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
tlk95

How to react when a family member saids things that make me

Post by tlk95 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:20 pm

My son saids its too late to redo his room because he will be out of the house in a year in half. I was supose to redo his room a long time ago but didnt. I have offered to do it now but he saids it is too late. I feel so bad. How can I handle these feelings?

debra1952

Re: How to react when a family member saids things that make

Post by debra1952 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:45 pm

This is my problem too. I'm a few weeks into the program and I was doing pretty well - going out with friends and doing things that scared me a little - then I got to self talk! I was trying so hard but both my sons (23 and 28) seem to hate me and make fun of anything I'm interested in. I've actually given up and quite for the past week because it feels so hopeless when I'm trying so hard and they are putting me down. They both know I was hospitalized for anxiety and depression in April so why are they so unfeeling? Re the problem with your son - is he saying this just to make you feel bad or does he really not care if you redo his room and would find it disrupting? If the latter, then you have to try and let it go - we all have things we intend to get around to but life gets busy. If he is just trying to make you feel bad - then I want an answer too.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”