Has anyone wanted to quit?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
cricky

Has anyone wanted to quit?

Post by cricky » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Session 3 is really, really hard for me. I only started it a couple days ago but I already want to throw in the towel. I started to feel a lot better after Sessions 1 and 2 but I feel like I'm back to square 1 w/session 3. It just seems impossible to completely change your thoughts and it seems like all the negative thoughts are amplified now. Anyone felt like this??? :oops:

coachchris

Re: Has anyone wanted to quit?

Post by coachchris » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi Cricky,

This is a very common response to the growing awareness that lesson 3 brings. I had to learn to just let the negative/lies float by and not feel like I had to turn every thought around. I would say, 'not true or that's not helpful' and try to move on. Don't feel like you have to get that lesson perfected before you can go to lesson 4. Just let the awareness settle in, try to find 5 positives that you can continue to use that are comforting and present moment. Keep the lesson simple: you have the power to think better and feel better. Take it one thought at a time and keep loving yourself. Learn to talk to yourself like you would a good friend. That can do wonders!!

Keep us posted :)

cricky

Post by cricky » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Thank you. That was really good advice and seemed to help. I'm doing much better w/lesson 3!!! Thanks again! :)

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:40 am

Hooray for you! Good work:)

allenae9

Post by allenae9 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:29 pm

The first time I started the program I stopped after session 3 so I can understand your discouragement. Now i'm back and on session 4. Definitely remember that its one session and is a small step in the big picture. You can do it! I'm so happy I did even if it was the second attempt. I would also recommend that if you are feeling overwhelmed instead of stopping continue with the exercises from your last session until you feel ready.
As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more. ~Jules Renard

debra1952

Post by debra1952 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Session 3 is where I am - and stuck. I was doing okay but then my sons seem to tell me with every comment and look that I'm not okay. I thought I'd had a good response to my youngest son's (23 years old) attempt to push my buttons and get me into an argument on the subject of royalty related to the Olympics. He was speaking belligerently from the beginning in response to a comment by me to my husband about something I'd seen about Prince Harry visiting Canada House and the Canadian Olympians. I responded in a calm but firm voice that I was not willing to have a discussion with him given his attitude. Then when I relayed this to my Stress Personal Coach in our last session of 4, she said I was shutting him down and not allowing him to express himself - so that made me feel rotten and so I've kind of quit for a week and a half. I know I have to get back on track but I'm not sure that I can convince myself that I'm a decent person when I seem to be wrong at all times.

johnna9

Post by johnna9 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:04 am

Don't feel so bad,my response to ur son would have been very much the same as it's. Even Lucinda said on lesion 2 sometimes u have to walk away for 10 min. Or even 24 hours

debra1952

Post by debra1952 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks Joanna - I appreciate the encouragement.

pacofig

Post by pacofig » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Hello everyone. Wow, I can really relate to this topic and reading everyone's post. I went through my first ever anxiety/depression meltdown 5 years ago when I was 23 yrs old. Went through 2 different antidepressant medications and used ambien cr to sleep at night, of course I felt none of that worked. I got off of them and I heard about the program from my moms friend. I started it but I know I didn't do the whole thing, I think I stopped around session 2 or maybe even 1 but I remember listening to the relaxation cd. Lastly, it just went away and I didn't think about the words anxiety or depression.
Now I'm 29yrs old and it's back bc I received a concussion. It's been extremely difficult for me, knowing I've been through it before but I'm not doing medication, just the program. I'm on session 3 and it's difficult bc I want to think positive and try to replace all the negatives but at times I tell myself why can't I just be normal, relax enjoy dot worry about all that. I say to myself I wish it goes away already like it did last night, I also try and think what did I do exactly last time for it to go away and how long did it last Lol. But in this session I can relate to all of you bc I told myself yesterday, I am confident strong I can do whatever I want to do and eat whatever I want (bc I am really watching my foods, no sugar no caffeine and trying plenty of water) I kind of understood that self esteem self control confidence in yourself and your decisions is what we need to not worry and enjoy life again! Like living in the now and not feel lost, spaced out, not reality and depressed. So I can finally stop talking so much bc I can go on forever lol continue practicing hard at it and hopefully without even knowing we'll start feeling better, bc a lot of times I just don't want to think or do anything anymore and see what happens.. But we deserve the best! Let's get it! Anyone else who can relate or add or would give positive feedback that I and we can do this let me know :) Let's talk

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”