Self Talk Success Stories

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
hdianne414

Self Talk Success Stories

Post by hdianne414 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Hello,

i am new to the program and I am working on session 3 - self talk. I would really love to hear any of your success stories on this topic. I am excited to know that for years I now know that I have been making myself feel really bad and caused needless anxiety. I also feel a lot of anxiety not just from negative thoughts but I feel so overwhelmed at times like there isn't enough time in one day just to do the routine chores of each day. When I feel overwhelmed it causes so much anxiety I feel I can't keep up. This leaves me so exhausted I can hardly make it through the day. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd love to hear from you. I will be back on tomorrow Saturday EST. Thanks

hdianne414

Stevemjp

Re: Self Talk Success Stories

Post by Stevemjp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:34 pm

hdianne414 wrote:Hello,

i am new to the program and I am working on session 3 - self talk. I would really love to hear any of your success stories on this topic. I am excited to know that for years I now know that I have been making myself feel really bad and caused needless anxiety. I also feel a lot of anxiety not just from negative thoughts but I feel so overwhelmed at times like there isn't enough time in one day just to do the routine chores of each day. When I feel overwhelmed it causes so much anxiety I feel I can't keep up. This leaves me so exhausted I can hardly make it through the day. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd love to hear from you. I will be back on tomorrow Saturday EST. Thanks

hdianne414
It has worked wonders for me in three weeks. I always assumed i had no control and did not listen to my wife try to convince me i did either. i beleived that it was my chemistry that made me this way, and only med's would fix it. i also would get something really simple and keep repeating it over and over in my mind about all the what if,s until i would get anxious and then depressed. i now know to relax, 2-4 breaths. self talk etc. when i go down this path. do i still get the ocb's - yes, but i am learning to deal with them better each time. i find i really need to follow the program and stay with it everyday to improve. i found this out when i was out of town last week for buisness and did not stay with the program as well as i did at home. it showed toward the end of the trip with negative thoughts creeping in more again. I am back home and back at it and it feels great. i would also let little things build up into many little things that would lead to anxiety and then depression. so yes it has worked wonders for me as i now believe i can and will control this anxiety, ocb, and depression.

God bless and my prayers are with you in that you find this program as helpfull as i do

Steve

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”