wow! this is working!

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
sunshine11

wow! this is working!

Post by sunshine11 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Hello all! Happy to report that this program is working for me! I am starting to automatically catch my negative thoughts and replace them. Sometimes I just ignore them or ask myself if I know for a fact that its true. If its not then I just leave it and refocus on my goals for the day. I can't believe I've been doing this to myself all these years! Causing my own anxiety. And now I know how to undo it! I believe I will recover and that this will change my life!!

Iwillbebetter

Re: wow! this is working!

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed May 30, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks for the post sunshine!! It's always soooo helpful to hear of others sucesses!! :) Keep up the good work!! And keep letting us know of it!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

ELENAGLEE

Post by ELENAGLEE » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:22 pm

I am so happy for you, keep on going..

Dixiesmom

Post by Dixiesmom » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Congratulations! Keep up the good work. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Stevemjp

Post by Stevemjp » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 pm

sunshine11 wrote:Hello all! Happy to report that this program is working for me! I am starting to automatically catch my negative thoughts and replace them. Sometimes I just ignore them or ask myself if I know for a fact that its true. If its not then I just leave it and refocus on my goals for the day. I can't believe I've been doing this to myself all these years! Causing my own anxiety. And now I know how to undo it! I believe I will recover and that this will change my life!!
Hello

I agree - my first way to deal with anxiety and depression was to try to work thru it myself, then recently i finally tried therapy and then medication - i always thought it was not me and i had no control and needed the med but i was always to ashamed to get help and until my wife said i should get help

i am on session three and fully believe by following the program it is within me to change the way i think and that we do have control over both anxiety and depression

this has been a GOD send for me and in only three weeks has made a world of differance

just two weeks ago i was down and for the first time in my 26 years of marriage we finally talked about deperssion, negative thinking etc because of this program

the last week has been great

do i still get down, anxious yes, but i know more how to stop it and deal with it after only three sessions

Good luck, God blease and take care

Steve

sunshine11

Post by sunshine11 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 am

Steve. Thank you so much for sharing. It helps to have people to talk to that understand!

1grits

Post by 1grits » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 am

Yes! This is working for me too! I have been so depressed and full of negativity within myself because of negativity around me. I am beginning to "wake up" so to speak and am gaining confidence. I have a book that I journal about blessings in my life each day. That is a big help too. Also, it helps to not get into the same rut or routine. Try something different, the small things, like sleeping on a different side of the bed, taking a different route to work, etc. I found out that depression/anxiety gets worse when we put ourselves in a shell and stay there. Now that I'm feeling better, I've got to work on wanting to get up in the morning and get to work on time! :D Part of the program involves making daily goals and that is one of them. I also need to lose weight! I have a Wii Fit and I plan to start using it again. When I am miserable, I eat for comfort and have at times turned to alcohol to make the "stuff" go away. I'm dedicated to this and I'm on my way to getting myself back together again! :)

Stevemjp

Post by Stevemjp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:57 pm

sunshine11 wrote:Steve. Thank you so much for sharing. It helps to have people to talk to that understand!
I have been out of town on buisness and did not have access to internet much

I agree. Also for me the cd that came with the program for my spouse to listen to helped her understand allot more than what i could or was willing to talk to her about before i started the program

Steve

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”