Need help replacing the thoughts where I check how I feel

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
AldenPrime

Need help replacing the thoughts where I check how I feel

Post by AldenPrime » Fri May 11, 2012 2:59 am

Hello everyone,

I need some help with replacing a few thoughts. I keep having these thoughts daily, hourly, where I do a role check on how I feel. Do I feel dizzy, do I feel light headed, do I feel off balance. Now, I realize that I have to have the thought to do these role checks, but I am not sure with what to replace them with. Could anyone please give me some good ideas on how to change the entire thought around??

Thanks so much, AldenPrime

AldenPrime

Re: Need help replacing the thoughts where I check how I fee

Post by AldenPrime » Mon May 14, 2012 11:53 pm

I would be grateful if anyone could/would reply to this. Thank you....

debra1952

Post by debra1952 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Yes, yes - need help replacing the thoughts especially when people you live with seem to want me to know how I have failed them.

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Alden,

I think what is important is to recognize that the thoughts are just a symptom of anxiety, to tell yourself that the more you don't respond to these thoughts, the more you will be able to dismiss them right away and they won't keep coming back. These obsessive thoughts are just a symptom of anxiety. Tell yourself that you are doing whatever you can to take care of your body, and you can rest in that. Distract yourself by focusing on something positive.

Debra, when people try to tell you how you have failed them, tell yourself that you are not going to allow these thoughts to be true for you. Yes, these people may believe these things about you, but that does NOT make them true. YOU decide if you are going to take them on or not. Speak positive things to yourself, reaffirming to yourself who you are and your good qualities. Tell yourself the truth, that you would never do anything to purposefully hurt someone. And as you go through the program, and learn about assertive communication, practice using that communication with those in your life. Speak up in a healthy, positive way.

Keep with the program! Positive thought replacement isn't easy, but we can do it!

johnna9

Post by johnna9 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Does anyone else get slot of dizziness?

debra1952

Post by debra1952 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:57 am

To Neverquit - thanks so much for that answer - I need to be reminded that their opinions are not always the truth - I'll keep working and try to "never quit". ;)

To Joanna9 - I don't get dizziness regularly - only once or twice - mostly I get a stomachaches and nausea.

grandma loves arielle

Post by grandma loves arielle » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:29 pm

I do the self checks everyday too especially after waking up to see how I feel or have unpleasant symptoms. I also get dizzy & lightheaded which scares me alot since thats how my panic attacks would start. Some days I feel woozy & foggy with NO energy. They say its our thoughts but sometimes Im barely awake & not really thinking anything so I just assume its all chemical imbalance although I know negative thoughts can trigger it.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”