This is too hard..

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
1254smit

Re: This is too hard..

Post by 1254smit » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Lyndalu: Personally i think i quit cold turkey because over the years i was on the medications it took away my symptoms of anxiety but gave me the side effects, which was not a big deal.. and i didn't even know my anxiety was bad, i thought i was just taking these pills for no reasonbecause they were helping me focus, well when i quit cole turkey because i thought i didn't need them and that i didn't have anxiety anymore.. NEWSFLASH i was getting so much rebound anxiety i was going insane.. people were scared for me.. I would always have someone trying to help me go to the doctor do this and that.. and i said no. because i saw the LINDEN METHOD on line, and it said anxiety is curable without drugs.. so i bought the method, which i loved but i didn't like some of the things that's why i still ahve anxiety probably lol. and i read all about what he said about medications are bad.. and that they don't work.. His story was scary i'm willing to live with this than go through what he did! but now i'm on this program because everyday i would/still kinda do break down on my boyfriend. He saw a commercial for this program and said "I got to get this for my baby" (: He wants to help me so bad, but he doesn't understand anxiety so it's like i can't turn to him for advice? you know?

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:17 am

1254smit: Yeah, I know that some people just don't understand the whole anxiety thing.

I know that my mom does not understand it at all, especially when I just start crying

over some little thing that really should not be a big deal. My mom is older and just

doesn't understand anxiety and depression, even though I believe she suffers from

both. She takes a little Ativan when she goes to bed at night, she thinks it is something

to help her sleep but really isn't Ativan just an anxiety med. It is not a sleeping pill.

She has dealt with depression in her lifetime but I don't think she knows what to call

what she went through while she was growing up and while she was married to my dad.

My sister might understand a little bit about how anxiety and depression work because

her husband had sort of a mid-life crisis a while back that was created by a lot of stress

at his job. He also suffers from OCD and ADHD. But when I had my breakdown a few

years ago, my sister just did not "get it" at all. I was in the hospital and she lives out

of state and she just was not there for me physically or emotionally. It is hard to forget

that I was all alone in a hospital on my 47th birthday after having a breakdown, the

loneliest feeling in the world.

Lynda

darlafred

Post by darlafred » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 am

1254smit wrote:Iwillbebetter-- i have a question.. what do you know about withdrawal? i withdrew from my medication in november 2011.. and i've been panicing all evening ):
Hi I am thinking of getting off Xanax. I take about 3 mil a day. I am still working, which is hell. I try to remain
calm but they want me out and I am willing to get layed off with 6 months pay along with unemployement.
This is not my safe zone at work, far from it. I want to slowly get off, I am hearing so many things that anxiety will get worse after I am off it. I know if I do not take it for a day I feel horrible. I am going to stay positive and hope I
will feel better. The Xanax puts a person in a bad mood too. Any thoughts about this. What medication did
you get off of?

Darla

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:45 pm

darla:

I was taking six medications and now I am taking five. I no longer have health insurance
and so when I ran out of my Abilify prescription I could not renew it. I am still taking my
Wellbutrin, Seroquel, Lunesta, Lamictal and Clonzepam. I think the next prescription I will
probably run out of is the Lamictal, then the Seroquel and Lunesta. I have plenty of the
Wellbutrin pills as well as the Clonazepam. I am going to continue to take my pills as long
as I have them, but when they are completely gone I cannot renew the prescriptions due
to the fact that I my COBRA health insurance expired in February 2012. I am not sure if I
have suffered any side affects after quiting the Abilify ? I have been having some major
problems in my life recently. PS: I was layed off from my job due to workforce reduction
over three years ago and I am STILL not working. I am still unemployed. My insurance is gone
and so is my severance pay, retirement fund and my unemployment insurance benefits.

Are you working on the program? If you can learn the skills from the program to help
you cope with the anxiety and depression while you are withdrawing from the Xanax
this would really help. Going off of the meds without learning these skills is like
driving blind. We really need to learn these skills before weaning off the medications
entirely.

Lynda

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”