This is too hard..

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Iwillbebetter

Re: This is too hard..

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm sorry I don't really know much about withdrawl. Although november was some time ago, I must ask why you feel the two are related. Have you had syptomes since Nov.. or could it be your fear of withdrawling in November, be bothering you at this time?? Were you thinking about your meds before you started feeling panicy??
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

connielyn

Post by connielyn » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:48 pm

I have been weaning off my meds so I know how hard it has been in just weaning off. When I decrease even 1/4 a tablet which is hardly any med there even then I get great anxiety. So going cold turkey yes you would have alot of anxiety. The proplem with the meds is they help but when you go off you are still anxiety riden because you haven't learned coping skills they didn't help you get over the anxiety you have to learn to do that and this program is your start. I went to a therapist( a ton of them) and she gave me something that worked get some index cards and write down some positive good feeling statements one she gave me was. I am loved,loving and lovable I dont think I am but even though I didnt believe what I wrote I wrote it and others and read it often it seems to soothe me I have a good feeling when I read it not a bad feeling. So when I feel anxious I read a good positive affermation even though I'm not always sure what my thought are or how to change it these cards help me feel better. I hope this helps you as it will me!!!!

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:08 am

That's so weird! today i didn't panic at all because i was thinking positive all day! i think that's what is going to make my anxiety go away, because i was laughing all day, playing around, smiling, and forgot about anxiety for once.. But yes withdrawal cold turkey messed me up. Please any one that is reading this, don't do it.. I mean i don't know i think it made me stronger.. because i felt anxiety to the maximum it could get so i started to not fear it!!!

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:00 am

smit - glad to hear you had a good day :) It's amazing what just a little bit of the right attitude can do for you!! :) :) And remember just because you have a bad morning doesn't mean it will be a bad day, just because you have a bad day doesn't mean it will be a bad week. etc... :) Sounds like you are on the right track!!! Keep up the good work!!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Yepp i'm starting to see it in that perspective! i'm proud of myself!!! finally!!! after 5months of being off my medication and having all the anxiety and depression finally i can say i'm getting better. (: i'm so happy! haha, i'm going to have to keep being positive!!! (: thanks for all the advice!!!

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:22 pm

You should be proud!! Just remember as you said you are getting better!! :) there is still much work to do :) it's so wonderful when we can finally start to see the work is paying off :)
1254smit wrote:i'm going to have to keep being positive!!!
Becareful with that statement.... sometimes that can be easier said than done. Remember you are going to have days that you don't feel so positive or is harder to be/stay positive. Don't let them get to you!! Just go with them :)

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:11 pm

i think i just had that day.. me and my boyfriend went to applebee's and i started panicing.. went to the bathroom like 5 times... couldnt stay in my seat, my bofyriend was getting soo embarrassed. ): everyone looked at me like i was a crack head, because i didn't eat hardly my food, and i am so skinny, and i was so ancy. omg i didn't know what to do!!! ): i felt like my positive statments just went out the other ear. ): i'm about to cry. because this just happened 15 mins ago )::

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:05 am

I'm sorry I didn't see this until now, I hope you are now feeling better!! Hey it's okay!! We are going to have a lot of ups and downs. I know I still struggle with that. I feel often like there should be more ups than downs. The ups should last longer than the downs... there they are expectations!! So many things to work on. It's going to take lots of time, patience and practice. You are doing great!! Don't let minor set backs keep you back!! :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 pm

dear 1254smit: I know what you are talking about when you say that you have lost a lot of weight.

Back in 2006 I lost 60 pounds and everyone at my job was asking me how I was losing the weight.

Of course I could not tell them that I was suffering from anxiety and depression, because at the time

I had no idea what was going on ( and why I just could not or would not eat much food at all ).

I did not think of it until a few years later that my co-workers may have thought I was using drugs and that

was why I was loosing weight. I was also having a problem with picking and scratching my skin and so I looked

like I was a meth addict. I would never take street drugs and that is just not "me".

I have, unfortunately, a negative thing to say about losing

the weight and having the anxiety / panic attacks back in 2006, it all ended up with me having

a mental breakdown. I was having migraines and panic attacks and anxiety and losing the weight

and scratching and picking.....it just finally ended up with me being hospitalized. The good thing

is that I got help and I am alive and here today to be writing on this "thread", as they call it.

I am not good with computer terms, but I think this is called a "thread" ?

Lynda

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:15 pm

dear 1254smit: So why did you quit your meds cold turkey ? I was just wondering.

I am trying to wean myself off of all of my psychiatric medications at this time but I am doing

it very gradually, starting in January 2012. I figure that it may take me 3-6 more months to

completely eliminate the meds from my life. I am going off of my meds because I have been

on 6 medications for the past 5 years. Some of these drugs are recommended for short term use

and I have been on them for 5 years. Just crazy. My doctor just keeps refilling my prescriptions

after each of my office visits. I see my doctor once every three months. I have enough meds

to last me a little while and that is why I am deligently working on the program while I am

withdrawing. I really want to have those skills in place before the "bomb drops" and I have no more

meds left. I just wanted you to know, also, that I know what it is like to quit a drug cold turkey !

I was on Paxil from 2003-2006 and I quit cold turkey on this one. That was the worst mistake I

ever made. Paxil is tough to go off of and I found that out first hand.

Keep up the good work on the program and keep in touch with us here !

Hope to hear from you soon.

Lynda

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”