session 3

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Taytay

session 3

Post by Taytay » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:28 am

I am on my last day of session 3 and i feel more in control of my thoughts , it is still very hard for me to put my total attention to the program because i am in the middle of a seperation with my wfe and i am trying to work on the program deal with the seperation and my job is real demanding of my time also.If anyone has any advice please i could sure use it god bless

Iwillbebetter

Re: session 3

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:48 pm

I can understand not having time, I am in a relationship, with 3 children, 2 of which are not yet school age, (3&4) as well as work part-time. I have found as long as I at least spend at least some time each day with the program or something related to it, I do much better. Take as long as you feel you need for each session, I personally find I need about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks per session. When I first started the program I was very focused on doing it EXACTLY as they said, and I didn't make it far. This is my 2nd time doing it and I've decided I'm going to do it, but at my pace!! What a difference that has made, someone, here I beleive said something that helped me A LOT with that "it's not the speed in which you are going, but the direction that you are headed." The direction is what makes the difference not the speed!!

I have also found not having much "time" in my day, it is easiest for me to listen to the session in the car. It seems to work out pretty well on my way to work I listen to Lucinda, then on the way home is the group portion :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

perspectivegirl

Post by perspectivegirl » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:52 pm

I agree with Taytay, its hard to follow the program exactly as it says, and a lot of us don't have that kind of time! But that's okay. You can do it at your own pace. I'm currently in college majoring in theatre, which requires me to be working in one way or another from 9:30am to around 11:00 pm most nights. I carry a small notebook and jot what I can down as fast as I can. The most important part is remembering to write them down for yourself. If I don't even scribble them I realized I push them back into my head where they get into a giant troublesome cluster. As for the relaxation tape, there was no possible way I could listen to it three times in one day! I did however set my alarm 20 minutes earlier than usual and listened to it right in my bed. Then I listened to it whenever I could, and sometimes that was only once a day.
Do things at your own pace, it'll be okay. :)

play82

Post by play82 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 pm

This time around (re-starting program) I am out of commission, on crutches, about to have surgery and so I envy everyones busy schedule, lol. I have used the program with an insane schedule (I just felt so much better after session 7 that I stopped that time :) and I found keeping the sessions and relaxation session on my phone meant they were always close by to listen to, helped. I used "bathroom breaks" to listen to relaxation, write down thoughts...I also just wrote them down with others there and found they were not nearly as interested as I had feared. I would just say, "I just thought of something..." or whatever (if anything).

Doing the relaxation session 3 times a day is hard even on crutches and stuck at home where I have no excuse...it might not be the time with that one. I am just happy with myself for doing it once a day and maybe listening to it in the background more.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Today I took a few minutes to honestly write down some negative to positive thoughts.
I had been having problems in the recent past with writing these down, even trying to
think of WHAT to write down. I felt like I accomplished something today because I was
honestly writing down my thoughts from the heart and concentrating on what was important.
I also re-read the pages of my journal from January, just to see what I wrote down.
After I re-read those journal pages I shredded them. It felt good to read the pages
and then to just let it all go by shredding them. I agree, time is always
an issue when working on the program. I find that taking just short amounts of
time at one time works for me, instead of spending an hour or two at one time trying to work on it. :)

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”