Thought Book

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
waruk

Thought Book

Post by waruk » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello All,

Thought I would make a suggestion to all thought replacers. I found that I struggled with the concept of carrying a notebook around and filling it out when a negative thought comes up. My new approach has been to use my memo app on my blackberry. I always have it with me, and nobody questions someone tapping away on their smartphone. I love it! Maybe part of the exercize is to carry the notebook and answer any nosy questions about it? I will happily skip that part myself - thanks.

Anyway just something that worked for me.

patrromig

Re: Thought Book

Post by patrromig » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:30 am

that's a really good idea in this day and age of technology. i do the very same I use my smart phone to write down my negative thoughts, but then when I get home or when i'm alone I will come up with positive thoughts to use the next time that panic situation arises.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:36 am

Yes that is a good idea. I have had trouble with that also. I just "installed" a notepad app on my phone and kindle :) thanks :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

YogaYoga

Post by YogaYoga » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Ya cool idea and I used dragon dictation on the iPhone/android phone to voice to text my neg thought to work on later. That app is free.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”