why is it so hard to do positive dialogue?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
LyndaLu

Re: why is it so hard to do positive dialogue?

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 pm

mmwillie: Thanks for the advice ! I am going to be working on Session Three this afternoon and

then I am going to move on to Session Four because I cannot linger on and on over Session Three.

I "get" the negative to postive dialogue thing and I am going to write some of those down today.

I will read the workbook one more time and listen to the CD. Then it is hello Session Four.

PS: I went to a job interview the other day and I wasn't scared. I thought it went pretty well

and I really felt like I could just "be myself". :)

Lynda

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:25 am

LyndaLu wrote:What comes first, the worrying then the negative thought or does the negative thought come
first and then the worrying ?
I think the negative thought turns into the worry. I think your feelings (worry) come from your thoughts. As you can not feel without first having the thought. You can't feel happy without having a happy thought. You can't feel sad, without having a sad thought, you can't feel angry without having a angry thought.

That is why it is so important to remove the negative thoughts as they can't leave us with any good feelings. But those negative thoughts have been there so long, they are going to fight with all they have to stay. They like it there in the drivers seat, having all the control.
LyndaLu wrote:Why are some people so good at this writing
stuff, I never know what to say !
Funny you say that, I feel that way sometimes also. There are many posts that I want to respond to, but just don't know what to say. I think with things I can relate to more, or that I have experienced can make it easier to find something to say. The more things come to us, the more we work on things and figure ourselves out, I think the easier it is to help someone else to figure those same things out. I think it's more of a the more you do it, the easier it becomes!!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Session Three

I must learn to have compassion for myself.

I must learn to talk myself out of being afraid.

I must learn to praise myself and mean it.

I must learn to talk to myself in a relaxing, soothing, and comfortable manner.

I must learn to use positive dialogue instead of negative when I feel I have
failed at something or done something wrong.

I must learn how to stop negative thoughts and comments and replace them
with positive ones.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”