still avoiding

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
stevenb33

still avoiding

Post by stevenb33 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 pm

right now im waitng on this job to let me know what the next step in hiring me is, i took the drug test for them about a week ago and im waiting for them to call me for the next step. ive called them and they told me they would call me when they got the results. if they dont call me by thursday i think im going to call them again but i dont want to seem annoying. im putting alot of my chips into getting this job becuase i know working will get me back into the swing of things by making me feel independent by putting money in my pocket and keeping me busy and my mind occupied. i also feel like im waiting for this job to help get me out of the house more because i know that by making money ill feel more confident and more willing to go places i normally wouldnt now because i dont have a job. i dont know if this is a bad thing because i have been keeping busy and getting out of the house but my social life i feel isnt at the spot i would like it to be and i feel like having a job is a big step in feeling more confident, im not sure if im making excuses or if im being relaistic. either way im still gonna fill out more applications just in case this job doesnt fll through, i just want to be going out more and without the money or the confidence of having a job i just feel like im not doing what i want to do the max. im also hoping that if i do get this job i can handle it and i dont feel like running out of there due to my anxiety, i just have to keep telling myself i have the skills to float through anxiety and that i am capable of the tasks given to me. i just gotta stay postive and focus more on my talents and abilities rather than amplfying the negative and getting myself into a panic. writing in the notebook defientley does help.

Iwillbebetter

Re: still avoiding

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:29 am

In someways I think you could be right. A job could be beneficial in helping you feel more confident etc. But not that alone. Only you can make you feel good about you!! A job may assist but it alone will not do it. For when you get a job and are making money, then why wouldn't you feel you need a better job to make more money etc. I think if you are also working on yourself and learn how to feel good about yourself.... The job will only be a fraction of what actually makes you feel good!! :) I know the whole new job process can take a bit of time. My sister just got a new job. Between drug test and everything it took about a month before she started.... Just hang in there and keep with the positive self talk!! :)

Good luck would be happy to hear how things work out for you and with this Job.
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

stevenb33

Post by stevenb33 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:22 pm

thanks for your feedback, i agree with you i have to work on both myself and getting a job. Hopefully this job does fall through and i feel alot more productive.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:41 am

Just thought I would see how you are doing... and if you have gotten any further with the job?
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Dear steven: I SORT OF know how you are feeling. I don't have a job right now and I really feel like
I need to get out there and make some money and be productive too. I lost my job due to a layoff
almost three years ago. I never knew how much that job really meant to me until I lost
the job. Not only did I lose a job, but the job was my home and the folks I worked with were my family.
Still, three years later, I am not over it. Losing the job was like losing my house and my family all in one day.
I hope you got the job and you are working now. Keep in touch, we would love to hear from you. Lynda

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”