You feel what you think

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Iwillbebetter

You feel what you think

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:43 am

Wow how true is that. Such a simple consept, but so HARD to grasp. I am reading this book, and it also gets into our negative thinking and how much it controls us. Think about it. Any feeling you have, must first come from a thought you have. Don't beleive give it a try. Go ahead, try to get angry, without first thinking of a angry thought!! Try feeling sad, without first having a sad thought. Try to feel happy without first having a happy thought!! What lucinda said really made sense, but this really made it hit home, at least for me! So I wanted to share, do with it what you will :):):)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

TaoEquus

Re: You feel what you think

Post by TaoEquus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:48 pm

I totally agree. One of the most powerful statements for me in Session 3 is: "Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you react to it." I too, didn't not believe myself to be a negative thinker, but I would sometimes get really worked up over something that really was no nig deal. Using the tools taught in session 3 has showed me to let go of that stuff. I'm having a hard time writing down the negative thoughts in a book, because a lot of times my mind will wander in the car driving to work (can't write while driving), or at work (sometimes its just not possible). So, I make a point to write in my journal every night, and try to write in a few thoughts there. Another thing that I took away from this session is every thought carries a chemical reaction. I have read the book, "The Secret", and a lot of it stems from that. It's the law of the universe. I could write forever on this subject. It's fascinating!

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:44 pm

This is so true. I try to remember this when im feeling depressed. Ive actually stopped myself from going into depression by changing my thoughts and by knowing I can control how I feel.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Tao - Yes that is a very powerful statement either. It's funny I tried the program a little over a year ago and at that time, I accepted that I had some negative thoughts, but now I don't know it's amazing how much more I can see it now. I've spent a bit of time thinking (imagine that) the past few days of how much damage I have caused in my life just from my thinking. Now to repair the damage I am still able to... :)
I have struggled with writting down my negative thoughts I love your idea of at least getting a few of them out each night in journal, which I have "forgotten" lately. Maybe that will also help me remember to get that done each night. When I do, do it I think it does help. It's nice to be able to get some of those thoughts out. I don't know about you but it's like getting them "out" really does get them out a lot of the times. :)
Nel - I am learning to recognize those feeling and counter act them now that I have more of the realization that it can all be controlled. It's funny I was thinking about it, we spend so much time wanting to control everything, and then getting ourselves all worked up, when really we've been in control the whole time, we just weren't using that control to our advantage!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:47 pm

I think that losing the precious present moments has been one of my lifes deepest regrets.
All those times in my life where anxiety and depression took over where I could not enjoy
the day, the moment, the week. When I was younger I thought everything in my life was someone
elses fault, I did not own up to my own feelings and actions. Now, many years later I have
realized that everything in my life was controlled by me and I made myself unhappy and that
no one else did it TO me. I did it to myself. So many times I wasn't happy and could not enjoy
things like my niece's college graduation, her wedding, the birth of my great-nieces. I am going
to try even harder on Session Three this time to get it right. I don't want to miss out on any
more of my life from now on. I know that other people are miserable around me because I am
miserable to myself. Wish me luck on Session Three and I hope to hear from everyone in the
near future. Lynda :?

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”