This is going to take a LOT of practice.

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Iwillbebetter

This is going to take a LOT of practice.

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:36 am

About a year ago I attempted the program and this was one of the harder session for me. I am going to be starting this one again today. I am more excited for it this time. I know I can do it. I know it will take a lot of practice and patience on my part. AS I did last time, I will first focus on just stopping the thoughts. After I get better at that I will begin working on replacing them. That was really the harder part for me!! But I'm learning the more you work at it the better you will get. So I will also have to remember often that I am learning. It's ok if I don't get it/do it perfectly right away!! Soon enough I will and that's what really matters!!

I am ALWAYS open to any suggestions on this topic. Having a LOW self-esteem makes it a littler hard to feed yourself with positive words. But I want to learn!! I will learn!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Re: This is going to take a LOT of practice.

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:18 pm

It is impossible to be perfect and that is what we try to be. We try to be perfect all of the time
and when we can't, we get let down. We have extremely high expectations of all people and of
all things. It is overwhelming. Then we get let down and start having low self-esteem. It took a long,
long time for us to learn how to think negatively. It would be unrealistic to think that we could
change that overnight. Have patience and work slowly and don't knock yourself down. Just take
baby steps. Lynda

Dixiesmom

Post by Dixiesmom » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:29 pm

This is one of the hardest sessions for me too. I have no problem realizing that I am a negative person, but A LOT of problems with stopping the negative thoughts and turning them into positive ones. Makes me realize how ingrained it really is and how much of a struggle this session is going to be for me. I sometimes have a hard time telling the difference between what I believe to be a reality versus what is a negative thought blown out of proportion. I know that I will be coming back to this from now until......

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:45 am

Yes this is still hard for me. I am in session 8, but come back to this one often :) I think as Lynda said expectations plays a big part in this also. So I do also go back to that session also :) it's all so much. I am thinking after I am done with the program, I am going to do it again, just to get what I missed this time around and to spend that much more time practicing all the skills and working to get them ingrained in me :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”