Slow, but first success

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Megan_Rae

Slow, but first success

Post by Megan_Rae » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:56 pm

I just had about a level 7 anxiety attack after having a confrontation with a friend/love interest. I possibly just ended the friendship because of they way he treated me. I used my new skills to help myself overcome the attack. It look longer than I wanted, but nonetheless I still overcame. I just wanted to share my success.

Iwillbebetter

Re: Slow, but first success

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Megan_Rae, I must say Congratulations to you!!! Although I'm sure possibly losing your friend/love interest is a hard/sad thing, I'm sure it took a lot to do what you did!! :D
At least you were able to see it was just anxiety and you knew exactly where it came from!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Megan_Rae

Post by Megan_Rae » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:39 pm

Thank you! Yeah it was really hard. He is a very immature and negative thinker that was holding me back and even (unintentionally) slowing down my recovery. I hope though that after some time apart, we can repair it.

It did take a good chunk of time to finally get myself into a calm state, but I did eventually get there. It's a small step, but still a step, in the right direction. :)

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:54 pm

I could imagine how hard that was. It's good that you were able to realize that and remove it also. Hopefully you will be able to repair it after time apart. If the friendship was meant to be I'm sure you will. Every step counts!! The fact that you could stand up for yourself and things I think is a pretty big thing... but maybe that's just me lol :) I've never been good at those kind of "confrontations" so... :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Megan: Congratulations on your success ! I hope I can do as well as you have
the next time one of MY anxious episodes comes around ! :)
Lynda

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”