self-esteem talk from negative to positive

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
fellipe

self-esteem talk from negative to positive

Post by fellipe » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:28 pm

negative- oh why is his face like that, oh he must think he is a piece of shit , oh no i should of not mentioned it. now he thinks i think he is a piece of shit.

-positive self talk

what i was thinking is false. i am kind person and i don't think he is a piece of shit.

Anxiety Sucks!

Re: self-esteem talk from negative to positive

Post by Anxiety Sucks! » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:18 am

im having a real hard time and its taking me a long time with session 3 as well...my main neg is that im scared of getting sick (health wise) and whenever i hear somehing neg as far as a health issue goes i feel that i have that and i dwel on that...an example i feel like i cant breath i have a lung infeciton...that my neg...how do i turn that into a pos... i cant seem to find a pos to those types of neg...what should i do...i keep telling myself its only my thought and that im strong but it doesnt seem to work...and im not gonna give up...i hope some1 can help me...how can i make my neg into a pos...help...!!!

DayAtATime

Post by DayAtATime » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:36 pm

OK, I hear that what you are saying and no it is not easy especially if you have conditioned yourself for years telling yourself negative stuff. My suggestion to you is why not try this statement:

"There is nothing that can happen to me unless God allows it."
"If He does allow it He will help me"
"I trust God that I am not sick and am healthy"
"Just because I feel this way doesn't mean I have a disease"

lhsupermom4164

Post by lhsupermom4164 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Goodness, I am a chronic worrier, and I worry about worrying. I especially worry about my health and dwell on my symptoms as well,,,like I am tense, I cant breathe, my windpipe is tight...what can be wrong with me?
After listening to session 3 i tell myself, "its only tension and it will go away." Well, I am still waiting for it to go away....So hard to be positive when you are experiencing such strong pysical symptoms...: /

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”